Issue with Recorded TV Library

Sammy
Go to solution Solved by Sammy,

Did you look at this library with the Metadata editor to see if anything looks funny?

Yea, if you don't care about the current recordings in that directory just kill them all. Make sure the folder is empty then setup something to record and see if this odd picture returns or not.

It's more than the image.. it's the whole description as indicated in the nfo's above..

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

4.1.0.2-beta

• Prevent movies from inheriting images from parent folders

That right there could have contributed to your problem. So if you are going to nuke the library do the update as well.

This is on my everyday stable 4.0.1 server but I could switch it to beta and not jump too fast on updating it..

Hmm.

That beta also says this in the release notes:

"Don't save episode images with dvr"

Sounds a bit on target here.

• Like 1

So I nuked the nfo's in the root of the RecordedTV folder and rescanned. Now I have this. The nfo's in the series folders show the correct series in limited investigation and the nfo's in the previously mentioned root folders are gone.

Still on the latest stable release from earlier today. I'll check the beta server tomorrow. c4142a157594ea2a04ae87db145bba2f.jpg

So now it's choosing a different image to use?

Not just an image but the corresponding metadata for the associated show, in this case, "Blade".

So I nuked that and now Emby thinks my Recordings are "100 Greatest Kid's Shows".

This is getting ridiculous to say the least.

@@Luke , how to fix it? I'm not really wanting to run the beta on my every day server and I'm not convinced this will go away if I do..

post-110-0-31462700-1548331952_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sammy

What is the folder structure?

R:\Recorded TV\Series\Bar Rescue (2011)\Season 4\Episode Name

For example.

Everything past R:\Recorded TV\Series\ is created by Emby.f2eddbbad004f10f23d7c0d970018ad3.jpg

• Solution

I moved all my recordings to an "old" folder, created a new Recorded TV folder and hit up some recordings to test. Seems the issue went away but I'll be watching for it going forward.. Just very, very strange behavior..

Did you look for hidden files in the old recording directory?  Don't think anyone asked about that previously.

Glad the new library is working!

Did you look for hidden files in the old recording directory? Don't think anyone asked about that previously.

Glad the new library is working!

There's no hidden files in there except for desktop.ini which has nothing in it.