Using DVBLink with Emby

Traction Tim
Go to solution Solved by pünktchen,

Traction Tim

Hi guys,

I have used DVBLink with Emby for some years now. DVBLink allowed me to combine feeds from terrestrial tv, a fixed satellite dish, and a Diseqc motorised dish, which could then be fed into Emby using the DVBLink plug-in. Unfortunately DVBLink has now been superseded by TV-Mosaic, which doesn't have Diseqc. I have asked on the TV-Mosaic forum if it is in their plans to add it, but have had no response in months. I don't want to "update" to TV-Mosaic until it can drive my motorised dish. The TV_Mosaic forum seems rather quiet....

So, the question is, are there any other Win10 programs that can be used (With TBS tuners) to combine all of these feeds, and give me full Diseqc (Or USALS) control of my dish ? As I understand it, Emby cannot directly do this - am I correct ?   What options do I have ?

Merry Christmas,

Tim

Traction Tim

To be specific, I am after Win10 programs that can do the same as DVBLink to serve up all of my live tv to Emby, while also having motorised dish Diseqc/USALS capabilities.

Spaceboy

To be specific, I am after Win10 programs that can do the same as DVBLink to serve up all of my live tv to Emby, while also having motorised dish Diseqc/USALS capabilities.

pretty sure mediaportal does. I don’t use diseqc but I’ve seen it mentioned in my configuration

t.andre

Hi, I don’t know if other software can control Diseqc devices.

I will continue to update DVBLink and TVMosic plugins for emby.

For information I still use DVBLink because some functionality is not yet implemented in TVMosaic, for example the web server.

Chers

Traction Tim

And also DVBViewer.

Ooh, I have a 2011 era license for DVBViewer Pro if that still works. Next problem could be that I'm using a TBS5990 dual S2 USB receiver (Two separate S2 receivers in one box). Presently both receivers are individually controlled by DVBLink (One side to a fixed dish, the other side to a motorised dish) and I don't suppose I can split the TBS5990 between DVBLink and DVBViewer as it uses ONE USB lead.   

Extra thought: The TBS5990 replaced a PCI-e S2 TBS card. That could be re-fitted for DVBViewer use. It's techy play time. Merry Christmas all  :D

t.andre: Thank you for a fabulous plug in. 

Edit1: DVBViewer can indeed see the two halves of the TBS5990. I have released tuner 'A' from DVBLink, and have used it with DVBViewer. I can indeed use DVBLink and DVBViewer on the TBS5990 at the same time, and DVBViewer does have extended Diseqc control.

Edited by Traction Tim

Traction Tim

This has gone fairly well. I have managed to get DVBViewer and the Media Server working in Emby. Just one question really: DVBViewer splits channels up per satellite, and the Emby plug-in only allows you to choose one satellite. Is there any way to get more than one satellite into Emby ? What I want to do, is have a list of favourite channels and choose from that. One channel may be on 13E Hotbird, and another on 28.2E Astra etc. so the dish will automatically track to the required satellite. Can I do this with DVBViewer and the plug-in ?

• Solution
pünktchen

This has gone fairly well. I have managed to get DVBViewer and the Media Server working in Emby. Just one question really: DVBViewer splits channels up per satellite, and the Emby plug-in only allows you to choose one satellite. Is there any way to get more than one satellite into Emby ? What I want to do, is have a list of favourite channels and choose from that. One channel may be on 13E Hotbird, and another on 28.2E Astra etc. so the dish will automatically track to the required satellite. Can I do this with DVBViewer and the plug-in ?

Just put the different channels from your different satellites into the "Favourites" section of the DVBViewer channel list editor and use those favourites in the Emby plugin.
  • Like 2

Traction Tim

Thank you ! 

I had forgotten how I enjoy feed hunting with a motorised dish. Not easy with DVBLink, but DVBViewer and an occasional Blind Scan is bringing them in  :wub:

Happy New Year !!!!!!!!!!!