CPU Usage Question - Looking to trouble shoot issues.

murky024

murky024

So I am running my server on a HP Optiplex i5-3740 SFF with 24 gigs of ram and a 1050ti video card. I used to be able to get hardware acceleration to work with the NVIDIA but that recently just stopped working. After turning it off, I noticed that 1 stream transcoding ramps my CPU usage to 100%. Is this normal? Does ffmpeg.exe take up that much or should I look at something else being wrong?

ffmpeg-transcode-d8d3287c-1a2b-4e5f-9a60-78c7aa2ca807.txt

Happy2Play

This is normal behavior.  If it is a issue the next release 3.6, has re-added the throttling option, and improved HWA.

Enable throttling
Emby will dynamically adjust transcoding speed based in order to reduce CPU utilization.
Edited by Happy2Play

murky024

This is normal behavior.  If it is a issue the next release 3.6, has re-added the throttling option, and improved HWA.

Enable throttling
Emby will dynamically adjust transcoding speed based in order to reduce CPU utilization.

Thanks... I was just concerned that if I moved to multiple transcoded streams that I would not be able to support it... I am excited to see what 3.6 offers as it seems like its going to be a big step forward for Emby.