Emby for Kodi - Home Videos Sort by Date/Year

feerlessleadr

feerlessleadr

Hi @@Angelblue05

I had posted about an issue in the Embuary support thread a while ago about an issue I was having regarding the sort order for videos in a home videos note I set up in Embuary. See here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/49724-support-thread-embuary-a-emby-kodi-skin/page-46&do=findComment&comment=659488

Long story short, it looks like when I enter the node and sort by date, the videos are still sorted alphabetically, rather than by release date. If I view the same type of node using embycon, the sort by date/year option works as expected. 

Fred had mentioned here that this was an addon issue, and that it had been fixed locally and would be included in the next version. I saw that a new version was released today, and I re-checked my problem after I upgraded, and I still have the same sorting issue. 

Would you be able to confirm if this fix was included in the latest version sent out today?

Please let me know if you'd like me to provide another log.

Thanks again for your work on this addon!

Edited by feerlessleadr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
feerlessleadr

Hi @Angelblue05 just wanted to bump this to see if any progress was made. I'm currently running 4.0.6a and am seeing the same our of order sorting as in my original post. Happy to post another log if that is needed.

Thanks

• Like 1

feerlessleadr

Sure - I have a folder of backed up youtube videos, named as such: yyyymmdd {description}.mp4 See below for a screenshot of the folder:

5c6d7c98b9da1_folderview.png

When emby scans these videos into the home videos library, the leading date/numbers are added to the 'year' field within the video's metadata:

5c6d806471740_metadata.png

When I view this library within the emby webapp in my browser and sort the videos by release date, they show up in the correct order. It looks like emby is sorting the videos by year, since the release date is actually blank for each video:

5c6d810c0edda_embyweb.png

However, when I view this same library in emby for kodi, and sort by date, the videos are out of order (not sure what order they are in, as I can't quite tell what pattern they are in):

5c6d814aa4109_embyforkkodi.png

I'm using a clean kodi profile (normally I use Embuary), just to make sure no other addons were messing this up.

Happy to provide logs if that would help, although I'm seeing this on my Windows 10 & 3 Shields, all running 18.1, as well as 4.0.6a.

I've tried viewing this same library using embycon, and sorting by year in embycon on my sheild produces the correct order, and sorting by date added produces the above order. The strange thing though (and this is for a different thread), but when I try the same thing (accessing this library on embycon) on my Windows 10 PC, the exact opposite is true (date added sorts correctly, and year sorts using the above out of order).

Thanks

• Like 1

feerlessleadr

Any idea how I can go about doing that without manually editing each of the videos one by one? I currently have 70 videos in my library (split between 2 folders), and (hopefully) will be adding a bunch more this year (assuming the Devils win another game this season  :rolleyes: )

Emby is automatically importing the leading date into the year category. If there is a way to have emby pick up a date from the filename as date added, I'd be happy to do that as well. 

Edited by feerlessleadr

Angelblue05

@@Luke

Need your assistance on this one. 

Check this post: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/66948-emby-for-kodi-home-videos-sort-by-dateyear/?p=705617

Any way of making the year value, the date added value?

@@feerlessleadr

I can add sorting by year. The problem is Kodi doesn't seem to accept the year being longer than 4 digits and refuses to sort by the year.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1