Several Request

joelvazquez

joelvazquez

Hi,

this is my first post here.  I switch from plex and I love emby so far, keep up the good work guys.

So after playing with it for a while I would like to request these 2 changes.  Tell me what you guys think.

1.  A way to set up a default user for the Roku application.  So the application save the last user on the application, but if I have a parental control set for my kiddos, it would be awesome that after I finished using my account I wont need to switch to the kids account, just exit and by default go to the limited kids account.

2.  An easy way to make the installation with another user other than emby.  So if I do an upgrade or if I switch between beta or stable version, the installation replaces the files ownership, so I have to fix the ownership of the files on /opt/emby and /var/lib/emby, change the user on the emby-server.service file, maybe Im doint this one wrong, but I dont like to create the emby-server@@User.service and have duplicated services...

Thanks again guys, great software,

Joel

Hi welcome! 

An easy way to make the installation with another user other than emby.  So if I do an upgrade or if I switch between beta or stable version, the installation replaces the files ownership, so I have to fix the ownership of the files on /opt/emby and /var/lib/emby, change the user on the emby-server.service file, maybe Im doint this one wrong, but I dont like to create the emby-server@User.service and have duplicated services...

Yes I can see how that would be a pain in the neck. Thanks.

switch between beta or stable version,

Are you referring to switching the same installation back and forth between beta and stable? Please be advised that this is not recommended. We aren't actively testing this. Thanks !

joelvazquez

Are you referring to switching the same installation back and forth between beta and stable? Please be advised that this is not recommended. We aren't actively testing this. Thanks !

Ok, I see.  My first installation couple of days/weeks ago was the stable one, but then wanted to try the beta version so I remove the stable and reinstall the beta version, then after couple of days did the same for the backwards...  Didn't knew that wasn't recommended...

Any possibility on having default users (or settings like languages) for devices? like the suggestion of having default users on specific devices like the roku?  (Suggestion number 1), been thinking of this more and more and would be awesome to be able to set it up on the server and have the device pull those settings...

Any possibility on having default users (or settings like languages) for devices? like the suggestion of having default users on specific devices like the roku?  (Suggestion number 1), been thinking of this more and more and would be awesome to be able to set it up on the server and have the device pull those settings...

It's possible for the future. We are currently reviewing all of our auto-login settings for all apps. Thanks.