Forced subtitle problem

GhostRider

GhostRider

Hi,

Using MKV format, I have  a set of three movies that need subtitles that Emby was not displaying any subtitle. Mediainfo showed no flag set default or forced against any subtitle.

I then remuxed and set default and forced flags against the appropriate subtitle #4.

Emby now plays with subtitle #1 not the forced #4 subtitle.

User preferences are set to only forced subtitles.

I had to maually select the forced subtitle track from the drop down menu.

I am confused, any ideas why did Emby not pick up the forced subtitle track?

As Emby remembers on per film basis how can I clear this to re test more?

Can Emby have an option to show when a forced subtitle is present? E.g. show the CC icon in red rather than white?

GhostRider

Thanks Luke for responding over the holiday period.

I am migrating some films from DVD to blu ray so are replacing existing MKV files. Not sure if this is part of the problem.

I have just completed another film, this time I set the flag to only forced (not default and forced). Copied this over and replaced the MKV file on the server, did a rescan and Emby picked up the forced flag OK.

For the film that did not work I have since used the drop down menu to select the correct subtitle. Only way I can think to test this further is to get Emby to forget the per film setting for subtilte for this specific film.

How can I do this? I could not see it in the NFO file.

I can then post a debug log.

p.s. would it be better to extract them as external subtitles? Does Emby support both i.e. MKV has track #6 marked forced and I have an external forced subtitle? Just thinking if external subtitles are better do I have to remux again and remove the internal forced flag or does Emby take the external as a priority?

Edited by GhostRider

I had to maually select the forced subtitle track from the drop down menu.

I am confused, any ideas why did Emby not pick up the forced subtitle track?

There are user preferences, but selections get remembered on a per-file basis, so this is what happened here.

Please try this again with a new brand new video imported into your library. Thanks.