Problem with "identify."

Gilgamesh_48

Gilgamesh_48

First a bit about my setup:

I use a VPN on my router for some measure of protection but it is set so that the only thing it changes other than my IP address is my location but I live in the US and my VPN places me in the US just elsewhere.

I have turned off the VPN and the problem still happens.

Now for the problem itself:

If I use "Identify" to match a movie that either was mismatched or not matched at all and I enter the name, date and IMDB id I always get a match. Then I select that match and the progress circle starts to rotate and, as much as 10 minutes later, it would still be rotating. Apparently it never actually matches but if I exit and check the metadata I find that the metadata for the correct movie is indeed there.

However the image has not changed.

If I then edit images and use the search for each image the correct image is found and I can use the download button to apply it to the movie and then everything is good.

My question is why does the first attempt at matching result in the never ending rotating circle even though everything appears to be found just fine?

Since the vast majority of my movies are named absolutely correctly this is not much of a problem but it is a bit irritating  and wastes some of my precious remaining time on this earth.

Gilgamesh_48

Hi there, can you please attach the emby server log from when you tried this? Thanks !

Yes I will the next time I try, probably tomorrow.

Right now I just want to watch some of my media and then go to bed. I missed my nap today and naps are VERY important to me.

Gilgamesh_48

Hi there, can you please attach the emby server log from when you tried this? Thanks !

I "think" the attached log is the one you want. I tried to match "The Andromeda Strain (2008).mp4" and it succeeded but never returned from the active circle but worked fine as far as metadata and I could get the correct poster manually.

EmbyLogFile_2018-12-21_05-55.txt

Looks like it worked just fine, but when  you apply it the refresh process includes the roku thumbnails. this can take a little time and that's why the loading spinner was there. We'll have to look at what adjustments we can make for that. t hanks.

Gilgamesh_48

Looks like it worked just fine, but when  you apply it the refresh process includes the roku thumbnails. this can take a little time and that's why the loading spinner was there. We'll have to look at what adjustments we can make for that. t hanks.

It may have worked correctly but it did not refresh the image until I did it manually.

Also I believe the Roku thumbnails "should" get generated as a background task and not delay the return to normal operation.

Thanks for looking at this as it is an irritant to have to wait for a long time or manually update the image and at my age my irritation threshold is quite low.