Emby users library mass edit

ivaat

Hi

I know there is similar topic but that did not lead anywhere. Need is to mass update users library. Allow more access to new library or allow all.

Can i do this via sqlite or api? Both cases could you please add small example

thank you in advance

Hi, you could do this via the api. There is no bulk edit in the web interface, but it's something we're interested in for the future. Thanks !

Hi, you could do this via the api. There is no bulk edit in the web interface, but it's something we're interested in for the future. Thanks !

Can you give API small example or direction?

Any lead on how to send post what would update all users at once? Api needs userid.. Could this be done in sql level as well? i looked all databases but i cannot find where libraries are hold

There is not currently such a way. It's possible for the future though. Thanks.

hm but how it stores (i assume sqlite database) userid and what library is allowed?

That is in config files under the server's program data folder, /config/users

very thankful for this. one more thing. folders under that dir seems to be hashes. i did not figure out, are they md5hash or some other type? I tried to generate hash for username and then lookup this dir but i failed

yea this might be difficult, but the values are in the users.db file.

these are password hashes. I am looking for /config/users dir name hashes. what algorithm they are?

• 2 weeks later...

I think you will have an easier time with the api.

not really. i made xml modify script. that worked out. reason why i am still asking how to understand which hash belongs to what user is this:

sync folder holds some mp4 files. it is created when user uses download option. these folders are again hashes. i would like to lookup under emby admin what options this user has.

how i can find out user hash via api or sqlite then? small example please

I do a small script for create users and modfied password and other settings.

What OS emby server running ?

hi. to you know howto lookup via database or api to understand directory hash to which user belongs?