Music Albums playing songs at random

fasfivo

Hi all.  First post here.  I recently migrated from Plex and really liking Emby so far. I did find that my MP3 collection was a mess, but I've educated myself on tagging and am in the process now of loading missing artwork, etc.  Here's my issue. When I go to my music collection and choose an album via ROKU, the songs don't play in the correct sequence.  Example, I choose an album and click "Play".  What I would expect to happen is the entire album to play in sequence from first track to last.  What it does is plays them in a random order. I don't have "shuffle" selected, so trying to understand why it doesn't play the tracks in order.  Any ideas?

Edited by fasfivo

ryandavidg

Might be a silly question, but if you're still getting your tags sorted out are there track # tags? Would be interesting to see a screenshot of the tags for that album from mp3tag or something like that.

Here's a screen shot.  I thought maybe it was playing them in alphabetical order, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  I've tried several albums both ripped CD's and Vinyl I've ripped / saved with Audacity. So far I haven't figured out any pattern, same random order of songs regardless of what album I play.

44580554930_0eb10181ab_z.jpg

Edited by fasfivo
  • Like 2

Hi, this is resolved for the next update to the app. You can use the beta version of the app if you need immediate relief. Thanks.

• Like 2