EMC - Movies disappearing from main screen?

rms8

Not sure how to describe this recent issue.

You can see below that the top list does NOT match the poster art below it.  Also, when I start a movie for just a few seconds (to make sure its playable) it disappears from the bottom poster art view but still stays in the list above.  I assume it STAYS in the list above due to the server settings on when to consider a movie "watched", but why is the poster art view dropping a movie when I only watched a few seconds of it to make sure it would play? 

So in the example below the movie VENOM was in the poster art section.  I started it for just 5 seconds then stopped it. Again, just testing to make sure it was playable.  I go back to the EHS and it is now gone from the poster are view but still in the list above since it played for only a few seconds.

5c1a6a6ce0501_20181219_095022.jpg

post-1441-0-74113400-1545235029_thumb.jpg

Is it marked as watched on the server now?

Yes, server shows the movie was watched despite having only played for a few seconds.

Can you try this again and attach the EMC log for @@ebr? thanks.

Will do !

This time I clicked on "The Equalizer 2".  It ran for less than 5 seconds and I stopped it and went back to the EHS screen.  Again, the movie remains in the top list, but is now gone from the bottom poster views.

MBClassic-19122018d64cf380b8da43d2a2e908cd7e5f3057.log

Edited by rms8

Will do !

This time I clicked on "The Equalizer 2".  It ran for less than 5 seconds and I stopped it and went back to the EHS screen.  Again, the movie remains in the top list, but is now gone from the bottom poster views.

Can you try this again and attach the EMC log for @@ebr? thanks.

Should I also get the server log or is the one above enough?

THX

@@ebr will take a look at this. Please be aware that it's holiday season so he may be a little slow to respond right now. Thanks !

@@ebr will take a look at this. Please be aware that it's holiday season so he may be a little slow to respond right now. Thanks !

Good point Luke.  Thanks for the reality check.

Very sorry.  My current internet connection won't allow me to see your images or log yet but, if the item is marked watched on the server, that explains why it would not appear in any list only showing unwatched content.

Does this item show a runtime on the detail screen before you play it?  If not, try refreshing it first.

Very sorry.  My current internet connection won't allow me to see your images or log yet but, if the item is marked watched on the server, that explains why it would not appear in any list only showing unwatched content.

Does this item show a runtime on the detail screen before you play it?  If not, try refreshing it first.

Hi ebr.

Thanks.  I think the pic will help explain a bit more that is happening.  Apparently something changed recently.  In the past a movie in the lower part of the image (the poster art) would stay there if you didn't watch it for more than a certain amount of time (10 minutes???).  Now you can start the movie and literally let it play for one second then stop and go back to the EHS screen and the movie is now gone from the lower portion (poster art section) BUT it still remains in the list in the section above.  Again, the pic will help explain better.  I thought there used to be a place on the server settings to set the length of time before a movie was considered watched.

I changed those a bit before, but wasn't sure what to set them to.  The thing is the original settings I had for that field were fine.  I don't recall changing those settings when I noticed the movies being removed after playing for just a second or 2.  If this IS the correct place to "fix" this issue, what would be a recommended change in order for the movies to NOT be removed from that bottom row of "Unwatched movies"?

5c20ccc6d2025_Capture.png

d00zah

My values, I believe, are the defaults... 5 / 90 / 300. Unsure how they would play into WMC. I do any 'screening' via browser, but use WMC (w/ external player) to watch the entire movie & (~) everything works as I expect.

Your max resume percentage is the problem.  You have set that to 20.

That means anything you watch more than 20% of, will be considered watched.

The default is 90.