Update and things broke again? No admin panel button

Ballistic

Ballistic

Hello,

I think my installation updated itsself agian and, like before with every major update, functionality is broken.

This morning the Emby server was not reachable and i had to manually stop and start the process. After starting, i was able to login with the admin account but i cannot access the admin panel anymore.

There used to be a button for in the top right corner. Now there is only Casting, Search and Personal Settings button.

Edit: While typing this i remembered i had a second account with admin rights. With this user i am able to get in the admin panel. I looked at the admin user and the "Allow this user to manage the server" checkbox was simply unchecked.

I rechecked and its working fine.

Friendly reminder to everyone; Never auto update your Emby server and never be an early adaptor for new versions. Time and again it has been shown that new releases are not properly debugged.

CBers

Friendly reminder to everyone; Never auto update your Emby server and never be an early adaptor for new versions. Time and again it has been shown that new releases are not properly debugged.

May be a local issue, as I have always run dev or beta versions of the Emby server and I have never had any issues like you are describing.

Please follow the instructions in the following link and upload your sanitised logs for review by the developers: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks.

Ballistic

Does anyone know where i can find the executable for the previous version? The latest version is real crap and crashes every hour.

CBers

Does anyone know where i can find the executable for the previous version? The latest version is real crap and crashes every hour.

What OS and which version of Emby server are you running ??

Please follow the instructions in the following link and upload your sanitised logs for review by the developers: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks.

Ballistic

I have to retract the last statement about crashing. It was probably because the disk was full.

Emby had left several txt logfiles of over 7GB a piece which filled up the disk. I did some cleaning and hopefully it will be stable now.

Running Version 3.5.3.0

Edited by Ballistic

CBers

I have to retract the last statement about crashing. It was probably because the disk was full.

Doesn't help :)

OK, come back if you still have issues.

Hi.  Version 3.5.3 has been out for I think over four months now.  Are you sure your server actually updated?

It sounds like maybe you simply had other issues but thought they were problems with an Emby update?

Hi there, we're sorry to hear about the crashing. Can you please attach the emby server log? We're happy to help. Thanks !

Hi there, we're sorry to hear about the crashing. Can you please attach the emby server log? We're happy to help. Thanks !

I believe this was just due to his disc being full.

Ballistic

Yes. Thank you for the help everyone. Crashing is solved after disk cleanup. I don't have debugging on but still have huge log files. But to be honest, it might have been a year since last cleanup and i have a enormous library & user activitiy.

I still wonder why my admin account lost its admin rights through Good thing i had a 2nd account with admin rights. Let's just blame it on the full disk for now :)

Edited by Ballistic