Play last added Episode from the Homescreen

Kodi_Newcomer

Kodi_Newcomer

Hello Com,

i have searched for a way, that i can watch the last added episode from the homescreen. I see that there was a new Episode for a Serie, but i cant play the new episode only he starts the first Episode from the series. Why im asking is, normaly i test everyday the new recorded episode, it they where right and if they work. So it would be nice when i see the new Episode and can it directly play from the homescreen. So when i see the new Series Banner, i click on it and then it should play the last added / latest added episode, now its the first episode.

When there is always a option for it than sorry for it, then i haven't found it.

Greet's Newcomer

• Like 1

A default of play next up when you ask a series to play would accomplish this, no?

No, for example, I came from Plex, so Emby doesn't have the same play states as Plex has. So for example, I watch Gogglebox all the way up to Season 9 Episode 10, Emby doesn't know this, so when Season 9 Episode 11 is added, Emby won't know that this will be the only one that I haven't currently seen.

Basically the above assumes all your watched items is up to date, so you don't get an ep next up that you've seen.

Short version, it wouldn't accomplish it.

No, for example, I came from Plex, so Emby doesn't have the same play states as Plex has. So for example, I watch Gogglebox all the way up to Season 9 Episode 10, Emby doesn't know this, so when Season 9 Episode 11 is added, Emby won't know that this will be the only one that I haven't currently seen.

Basically the above assumes all your watched items is up to date, so you don't get an ep next up that you've seen.

I'm sorry, I don't really understand.  Why doesn't' Emby know your correct watched status?

Our "Next Up" feature is designed specifically to provide you with quick access to the next unwatched episode in each of the series you are watching.

Happy2Play

So I assume you haven't updated your watched statuses in Emby to match Plex.  You would have to use something like the Trakt plugin and sync your watched status.

Kodi_Newcomer

I'm sorry, I don't really understand.  Why doesn't' Emby know your correct watched status?

Our "Next Up" feature is designed specifically to provide you with quick access to the next unwatched episode in each of the series you are watching.

Yes and thats my problem, i dont need the next unwachted episode to play, i need to check the latest recorded episodes or the latest added episodes if they work. When they dont work i can record another one. When i see this, when i watch a series in a half year or so than i have normaly no chance to record the missing or defect episode again.

So for now i see that for a series is a new epsiode there, but i have to klick on the series, klick on the last season and there i must scroll to the latest episode to look in it if he worked and record the right thing ?

So that would be more comfortable when i can watch the latest added episodes from homescreen.

I hope now its more clearly ?

Kodi_Newcomer

Hm is it so difficult to add this ?? He knows when a new episode is added, because then i see the series banner at the homesite. So there must be a way to link the last added episode to the frontpage ? Or is it not so easy, normaly emby knows it.

The problem is, in the past, when i start watching a recorded serie, (i wait until i have the season complete, bevor start watching) so there i have a problem, when a record is broken, or the epg data was corrupt and i have recorded something different.

So i have started to check every evening sneak in to the latest recorded / added epsiodes if all is ok, but with much detour.

So than i have a feature request :-)

Happy2Play

Since Latest Episode exists in Shows Suggestions (beta server).  Could the ability to add that view be applied to Home Screen sections?  I believe Emby already had this at some point but to many requests to show Latest episodes grouped by series/Latest Shows.

5c1919cc8f5c5_LE.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1