Server Crashes Seconds After Opening

Carlos.E.Arita
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Carlos.E.Arita

What I am Experiencing:

I find that when I want to watch something on Emby the server is not available through the app or the web browser. However, the system tray icon is still there.

Steps Taken:

After I double click on the Emby application it starts the server again and opens a browser and seems to work. The phone is also accessible at this point. A few seconds later The app stops responding and so does the web browser. Sometimes I have to repeat the process of starting the server again about 5-8 times before it actually is stable enough for me to watch a movie. It has been very random and I have not been able to pin point it to anything at this point. I have tried disabling many services on my Windows computer with no effect.

I have deleted all the logs on the computer so that it starts from scratch and will upload them when it happens again. I have also enabled debugging. Do you need all the logs in the logs folder? or just a certain one?

Any steps anyone can recommend for me to try I am all ears. Thanks for your time and help.

Just happened again during 7:43-7:48 PM CST

embyserver.txt

embyserver-63680586321.txt

ffmpeg-remux-571d8d6b-2bbe-46bb-9c80-aa2a0e2c5437.txt

Edited by Carlos.E.Arita

Carlos.E.Arita

Update: Going to try to disable real time monitoring as I see it found something in a folder that during the time it stopped.

Happy2Play

It almost sounds the accent/special character bug that affect some setups.  If it is then it is reported resolved in beta, next release 3.6.

Edited by Happy2Play

Carlos.E.Arita

It almost sounds the accent/special character bug that affect some setups.  If it is then it is reported resolved in beta, next release 3.6.

Did you get that by reading the logs or just off of the description that I have given thus far? Thanks

Happy2Play

Did you get that by reading the logs or just off of the description that I have given thus far? Thanks

The log never really produced anything for this issue.  It was reported with the exact same symptoms, the server just dies.

But I am sure Luke will comment on this when he is back online.

Hi, this is most likely image related, in other words, a crash related to processing an image file. This should be resolved for the upcoming 3.6 server release. if you need immediate relief you can always jump on the server beta channel. Thanks !

Carlos.E.Arita

No, it's at the point of browsing to them in one of the apps.

I updated to the beta version. Later today I got on my phone to check and the server was down again while the app was still on the system tray. I uploaded a new embyserver.txt log. Any suggestions?

Edited by Carlos.E.Arita

• 3 weeks later...

Can you please zip up the contents of this folder (without video files):

D:\Drobo\Emby Library\Movies\A Goofy Movie (1995) 720p HDTVRip x264 Eng Subs [Dual Audio] [Hindi DD 2.0 - English DD 2.0] Exclusive By -=!Dr.STAR!=-

And attach it here? Thanks.

Carlos.E.Arita

D:\Drobo\Emby Library\Movies\A Goofy Movie (1995) 720p HDTVRip x264 Eng Subs [Dual Audio] [Hindi DD 2.0 - English DD 2.0] Exclusive By -=!Dr.STAR!=-

Luke,

Here is the folder you asked for.  Thanks for the help.

Folder.zip

Edited by Carlos.E.Arita

Carlos.E.Arita

Luke,

Have you had a chance to look at the attachment? I notice this issue happen when I connect remotely from a TCL TV that has Roku built in and browse the library.

Happy2Play

That folder crashed/emby stopped responding upon entering the item for me on Beta server Windows.  I suspect do to long path names. Since you have the long folder names then double it as the media is named the same.

D:\Drobo\Emby Library\Movies\A Goofy Movie (1995) 720p HDTVRip x264 Eng Subs [Dual Audio] [Hindi DD 2.0 - English DD 2.0] Exclusive By -=!Dr.STAR!=-\A Goofy Movie (1995) 720p HDTVRip x264 Eng Subs [Dual Audio] [Hindi DD 2.0 - English DD 2.0] Exclusive By -=!Dr.STAR!=--poster.jpg

I renamed the folder to A Goofy Movie (1995) and left the media named the same and worked without issue.

@@Luke

Edited by Happy2Play

Carlos.E.Arita

@@Carlos.E.Arita

This should be resolved in the latest beta, thanks.

Luke,

I can report that the server has not crashed and has been stable for days now. Thank you, it feels good to sit down on the couch and not have to get back up to restart the server! I do have another issue concerning Live TV and casting to Chromecast. Should I start a new thread for that?