MBC 3.0.154.0 not starting

FrankAZ
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

FrankAZ

Hello,

Immediately prior to OK-ing the prompted update to MBC 3.0.154.0 all was well. I allowed MBC to update and afterwards I am unable to start MBC. I have restarted everything. It never starts. There is a long (30 secs?) delay of nothing happening before the error pop-up arrives.

I am running MB Server Version 3.0.5211.41935.

Attached are the screenshot, MBC log containing the error, the MBC MSI install log, and the server log. The WIndows Media Center Event Log does not show any errors except the unexpected shutdown error which preceded the MBC update.

In all other respects my machines and network are as before and working OK. I can browse folder paths, etc etc.

My network is:

192.168.1.28: My HTPC (Media-PC)

192.168.1.111: My server running MB Server (Windows Server 2012, WinServer2012)

192.168.1.110: A legacy WHS2003 hosting Foriegn movies as VIDEO_TS folders

192.168.1.29: A Logitech Squeezebox radio

192.168.1.130: A Ceton Echo (not powered on during MBC update or any of this)

Plus a dozen or so other PCs, tablets, kindles, cellphones, cameras, etc which don't appear in logs but if you see anything pertinent I can add details.

I am using Neo and will probably switch to Aztec or a newer theme soon. I know you like to verify with Chocolate but since I can't start MBC I am unable to switch themes. I'll need to use a sledgehammer and reinstall MBC from scratch before the family needs it this evening but wanted to give you the details and logs before I blow them away.

Thank you.

Frank.

EventLog.txt

MBClassic-22420147c34f137292c413cab1fb9bc7fc99d9f.log

MBClassic-Msi.log

server-63533766859.txt

post-2338-0-19722400-1398196752_thumb.jpg

Edited by FrankAZ
  • Like 2

• Solution

Yeah, sorry about that.  I didn't realize there was a problem with 154 and the current release server and put up a new update right after it.

Install 155 via the beta button on the website.

BTW thanks for the thorough report.  Much appreciated even though not needed in this case :).

FrankAZ

I downloaded 3.0.155 and manually installed it. Everything is back to its usual fantastic self.

Thank you for the instantaneous support and of course Media Browser.

Frank.

SikSlayer

I tried to start a thread about the same issue with 153 last night, but i had issues posting for some reason it didn't show up, but there were no error messages from the site. It just went through all the motions, but the new thread didn't appear. It was too late to ask about it, so thanks for posting your report Frank.

aspdend

Yeah, sorry about that.  I didn't realize there was a problem with 154 and the current release server and put up a new update right after it.

Install 155 via the beta button on the website.

I was having the same problem last night - thanks for the solution already. However, as per another thread, the website is down "database error" so can't get to the 155 beta...