New user from Plex, so happy :D

AntaresFR

AntaresFR

Hi,

I finally made the switch from Plex (lifetime pass user) to emby and at this time i can't be more happy.

I was able to configure emby media server and apps on all my devices exactly how I want, so thanks for the work.

I bought a lifetime premium pass for emby :)

I now have few questions and remarques :

1. I have a problem with actor metadata scrapper. They are all in english, and I want them in french. library metadata has french in favorite language and metadata fields, all movies doesn't have custum metadata language so they should keep the parent setting. I even tried with setting them to french without success.
  2. I have a suggestion concerning the audio passtrough setting. We can set it to auto or downmix to stereo. My main device for streaming is a shield plugged to a marrantz receiver plugged to my TV. If i set the passtrough to auto, receiver ON, everything is good. It gets the sound like defined in the movie (DD+, DTS, etc...) All is good. My receiver can manage the passtrough too, so i can view movies even if it is in sleep mode. But in this configuration, if the passtrough in emby on Shield is set to "auto", movies are displayed without any sound. I have to put it to "downmix to stereo", it's normal because my tv is stereo. The plex app on the shield was able to manage the sound without forcing me to change the audio setting. For me it's not a problem to switch the setting but it's not WAF and kids friendly. Could it be optimised or could we have an easier access to this toggle ?
  3. There is a display bug on the Nvidia Shield emby app in the menu to configure the display of the grid in movies. I attach a pic to this thread.

Thanks for the work :)

Pics:

post-363485-0-60205500-1544914655_thumb.jpg

Edited by AntaresFR

Can't help you with Number 1.

But concerning the other issues.  Is it possible for you to try and do a conversion to English of the screen shot and your issue?  This way we know what screen and roughly what the issue is?

You'll get better help this way (not that you won't anyway) but many users are quite helpful here but the common language is English so that helps with faster responses.

Congrats on selecting Emby!  You won't be disappointed long term at all.  You might have a few migration pains but I'm sure you'll find it well worth it.  Many Plex users have!

Carlo

Hi.  The dialog overflowing is due to the translations being much larger than they are in English.

This is accounted for in the next release of the app (now in beta).

The audio issue has to be that the receiver is still reporting support for those formats but not actually processing them - just passing them to the TV which cannot handle them. 

AntaresFR

Yes i agree for the receiver. if there is a mean to put a fastest way to change the setting it could be nice :)

And I understand too for the translation on the shield app.

AntaresFR

Hi, welcome! The actor metadata is just how it comes from moviedb. They have not translated to English.

Hi thank you.

Yes but themobiedb has a french translation for many of them ! wIth a "&language=fr" in the url on the api call.

Edited by AntaresFR

AntaresFR

I have two other things :

• It looks like the "Audio prefered language" is not taken in consideration in apps or web app. I set it to French, i have many movies with Eng and Fre and it always set me Eng as default when I want to play them.
  • There is little problem in the picture generated for trailers on the home screen. There is a thin black line on the right side of the pic and a larger one on the top. I attach the picture.

post-363485-0-50062200-1544954569_thumb.jpg

Edited by AntaresFR

Coxeroni

German here, same "problem" with the metadata for the actors, while the metadata for the movies are fetched in the correct language.

AntaresFR

I checked in the log of the server. Api calls for movies, episodes etcccc on themoviedb.org are done with the language variable at the end, but not calls for people.

So i think it should be doable to make this improvment =)

I tried to make a relay page and fake the dns for api.themoviedb.org for my lan but cause of the https used in the calls i'm not able to do this :D

Edited by AntaresFR

• It looks like the "Audio prefered language" is not taken in consideration in apps or web app. I set it to French, i have many movies with Eng and Fre and it always set me Eng as default when I want to play them.

1) Be sure you also haven't selected the option to play the default regardless of language

2) Then, try testing this on something you have never played before and confirm which track is chosen.

Thanks.

AntaresFR

Oh yes that was that !

Thanks !

So for now only :

- the "glitch" on the trailer thumb

- the suggestion to keep the prefered metadata language for people

- maybe a mean to switch audio passtrough from auto to downmix stereo

- the glitch on the popup screen in french on the shield tv which should be corrected on the next version

are remaining !

I love this emby :D

• 2 months later...
AntaresFR

Juste an update to have your confirmation.

It looks like now actors/people are scrapped in choosen language. I have them in french and i'm so happy :D

Did you mention this change in a release note ? I missed it i think !

I may have forgotten about it in the release notes. Thanks for the feedback.

lightsout

Oh yes that was that !

Thanks !

So for now only :

- the "glitch" on the trailer thumb

- the suggestion to keep the prefered metadata language for people

- maybe a mean to switch audio passtrough from auto to downmix stereo

- the glitch on the popup screen in french on the shield tv which should be corrected on the next version

are remaining !

I love this emby :D

Are those thumbnails that you have added? Care to share?