Kodi and Emby Questions

achanakbhayank

achanakbhayank

I currently have a Firestick and I was originally looking into Plex to stream movies to it. I have had Kodi for a while and really appreciate how powerful it is and I have read that if I use Kodi, I don't need to use extra pc resources for transcoding since Kodi takes care of the playback with streaming? (Not sure if that's true or not)

I then planned on doing Kodi and NFS but I have seen some people talk highly about the Kodi addon with Emby. From my understanding Emby would serve as a art and metadata daemon and stream the movies to Kodi. Before I do a setup like this, can someone confirm if I am understand this correctly. Also if I do Kodi and Emby, Emby doesn't do transcoding correct? The formatting-related stuff is still taken care of by Kodi?

Also are there any other nicer/newer setups people are using? I don't mind trying a bunch of options.

Thanks!inro.in/lucky-patcher inro.in/9apps inro.in/vidmate

Edited by achanakbhayank

Hi, welcome. Yes you are correct about metadata. And yes, the Emby for Kodi addon will not cause any unnecessary transcoding, if that's what you're asking.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !