Feature Request - Mobile Mode

yaksplat

yaksplat

Here's my scenario.  I've got three boys under 8, two of which are completely fluent in MediaBrowser.  I don't know why the 2 year old hasn't picked it up yet... Anyways, we take many road trips, often driving from NY to FL.  I have my surface pro tablet which I have hanging from the seat in the car, and also wired into the rear entertainment system.

Typically I copy hundreds of cartoons and put them in playlists for VLC so everything just keeps on playing, but VLC is not user friendly at all for touch or for a kid.  I have MBT installed on my tablet and would love to use it for trips as it works so well for the kids.

So here's where my thought comes in.  It would be great to flag a series as mobile which would copy the files to the client device and when the server is not available on the local network, MBT would only show the items that are local to the device running MBT.

MBT would have the setting of Mobile mode local path.

Thoughts?

Content syncing is a planned feature of the server and mobile apps but the Win 8.1 app might be a better solution for your Surface - since it is basically designed for it.

yaksplat

Is the windows 8.1 app considered to be a mobile app?

I currently use the 8.1 app mainly as a remote to play to MBT on various sources.

Yes, it is designed for touch and tablet.

In any case, what you are requesting is the sync feature which already has a lot of requests and is in the queue to get done.  Once the server supports it, it will then take some time as the client apps provide support for it.

• Like 2