Some Trakt Clarity Please?

mbc0

Hi,

I have been searching the forums and finding different answers to the same questions I guess due to the plugin being developed in time

1, I have installed the plugin, do I just select my tv shows & movies folders to sync? do I need boxsets?

2, I have run the sync and the trackt website says I haven't watched anything? Does it not backup my watched status for my tv & movies (the purpose of me installing this plugin as a backup for my server)

3, I marked an episode I haven't watched and synced again and still nothing happened, does it take a while or is it not working?

Many Thanks

Redshirt

You have to go into the trakt server config and let it know what folders trakt should monitor.

You have to go into the trakt server config and let it know what folders trakt should monitor.

Hi, I did that on install, I was just checking that I should only tick the boxes for TV Shows & Movies or if I should tick the boxsets one as well, wasn't sure if it would cause an issue?  

Trackt is only syncing programs I watch from now, it will not sync episodes I mark as watched or what have already been marked as watched... I am looking for a backup solution of mine & my families watched status in case of a server crash/loss

TheCaptain

I'm not positive, but i believe i read that syncing watched status was going to be implemented in the next release.

foghat

It does not currently sync watched status' for movies that were watched before trakt was set up. But it does sync status for stuff watched after installing trak - not clear if that is working for you or not based on post.