Another Plex vs Emby Post..

Sammy

Over on avsforum, I am trying to convince people that Emby is superior but have come across a question about FLAC Lossless via Chromecast that I cannot answer as I honestly do not know the answer..

At least in the past, if an update to Plex Media Server went poorly, i could manually revert back to previous versions of PMS that I had personally used on the machine by:

Go to Control Panel and uninstall Plex Media Server
Navigate to “C:\Users\***your name***\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Updates”, and find an executable file buried within one of the PMS versions listed there… double-click it and install.

As for emby, I don't know what kind of client devices you like to use, or how outdated my info on Emby is, but the last time I tried it out it couldn't bitstream lossless audio on Android TV... I don't recall if it did/didn't support Google Cast for bit-perfect playback of CD Quality and hi-rez flac files to CCA's, but that's another feature I rely on with Plex that I'd want/need in Emby. That and the server and app was always noticably slower/clunkier than the Plex app on shield too... If you don't use Android TV for video and Chromecast audio for music, none of this may apply to you, but that was my experience the last time I tried it with the gear I prefer to use...

FWIW I've got two HDHOMERUN Primes and I use Silicon Dust's DVR program... It's not ideal, I miss Win7 WMC (only for the love tv and DVR... and nothing else)... But it does alright.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Edited by Sammy

Thanks, I would suggest to them to try Emby again and they'll most likely have a much better experience due to our rapid development and improvement. thanks !

Jdiesel

I can test when I am home but I seem to recall direct playing of 24-bit/96KHz FLAC on Chromecast Audio working just fine.