Using Multiple EPG priority?

rmansava

rmansava

Having the ability to have a M3U tuner is fantastic, I stumbled upon this recently.

Kudos to Emby for having such a great all in one media solution.

My question is I could have 1-2 M3U tuners setup, one of the providers supplies an EPG without Season/Episode numbers which makes DVR'ing impossible, it keeps recording the same shows.

I was able to use multiple EPGs to match up channels I record on, which has provided me season and episode numbers.

Say I have 3 EPG's setup.   The first EPG I have channels manually mapped.  The 2nd channel guide I have some other channels.  I was considering adding the 3rd EPG guide back so PPV or special channels have the guide filled in correctly, but I wouldn't want it to overwrite the channels I have manually mapped.

Is there a priority where mapped channels on the guides stick before looking at the other guides to get info?

Edited by rmansava

Currently the priority order is based on the order of the epg sources added. We plan to expand on our channel management features in the near future and this will be overhauled. Thanks.

rmansava

How does this work with user mapping channels?   Anything mapped in the first EPG will stick regardless of what the other EPG's have?

• 2 months later...

I'm also having an issue where a channel mapped to the first EPG is overriding a corrected map to a second EPG.

While waiting for the major revamp, in the meantime for each channel being mapped in an EPG can you add either of these to clear a selected mapping from an EPG so that the second/correct EPG can take priority:

-add a clear selection button beside the existing edit mapping button

-or add a "blank" entry at the top of any EPG list which will represent a de-selected mapping

-or simply make an already-checked selection become de-selected by just clicking it again

Thanks.