Sonos Play 5 and Connect working

Smaky

Spaceboy

Found this on Sonos and don't know if applies to all servers.

http://forums.sonos.com/showpost.php?p=229566&postcount=2

@@Spaceboy can you try this in existing xml.

<Identification>

<FriendlyName>192.168.1.47 - Sonos PLAY:1</FriendlyName>

<ModelNumber>S1</ModelNumber>

<ModelName>Play:1</ModelName>

<ModelUrl>http://www.sonos.com/products/zoneplayers/S1</ModelUrl>

<Manufacturer>Sonos, Inc.</Manufacturer>

<ManufacturerUrl>http://www.sonos.com/</ManufacturerUrl>

<Headers />

</Identification>

top man @@Happy2Play. that did it, i left in the http headers and its now playing flac and alac. i can play whole albums as well.

so the only thing you changed was the friendly name, which now matches mine, will this work as a generic profile for other users?

Spaceboy

i'll take a look. just to put this down as a marker so i don't forget, the dashboard doesn't report playback progress. i assumed that wasn't implemented but i see luke asking about it on another thread. i guess this is to do with configuring the responses section

MrWebsmith

def will test this...

to confirm: i put this xml into the root server directory next to the other device profiles and restart mbs right?

THANKS for continuing to work on this with us!

Edited by MrWebsmith

Spaceboy

Put it into username\appdata\roaming\mediabrowser-server\config\dlna\user or something close to that. I didn't have to restart to get changes to take effect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy2Play

Let me know if that profile works then I will use some more of my best guess work on protocolinfo and/or response profiles.

Happy2Play

@@Spaceboy

Does the profile need the user-agents?

Edit Since (ZPS1) is only for the PLAY:1.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

@@CBers

Could you try the profile in post #76 to see if it works with the Sonos PlayBar?

edited post number

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Should the image support be added also?

Album Art Supported

JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF

@@CBers

Could you try the profile in post #76 to see if it works with the Sonos PlayBar?

edited post number

Will do, but it'll be the weekend before I get a chance.

im85288

@@Happy2Play - tested this out and happy to say it's working fine for PlayBar without the user-agents:

SJD1gyQ.png

As this was my first time setting up a profile I add the following tips for anyone trying to use the default profile given in post 76

1. Goto DLNA->Profiles->Sonos Play->Identification
  2. Look in the server log and enter the following info - Friendly Name, Model Name, Model number, Model url

So as it seems tied down to the Friendly name etc it seems like a profile will be needed for each Sonos device.

Nice work Happy2Play :)

im85288

@@CBers - I do not know if that would help as it seems to need some info like the friendly name etc which varies per device. I think it "should" be possible for @@Luke to use the default Sonos template given in Post 76 and then to create profiles dynamically on what the server discovers with regards Sonos Devices as all the info is available in the server logs. But Luke would need to comment on if this is possible or not..

• Like 2

MrWebsmith

not sure what i did wrong but...

i put the xml from post 76 into the user config folder... it sees it as a custom profile.. i select my sonos as the device to control from the web client and i tried to play an album from the play button on the album level detail page and i get this error..

happens on both mobile and desktop chrome

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mto95hta67dgayj/Screenshot_2014-09-25-09-09-31.png?dl=0

if it helps the web client sees my device as "192.168.1.13 - Sonos PLAY:5 Kitchen"

Edited by MrWebsmith

Happy2Play

Anyone know what the proper regex would be to cover (ip - Sonos Play:x location).  Or will there have to be profiles for each Sonos device?

Happy2Play

Sorry cut that line off.  There are several around here.

2014-09-25 14:34:10.4145 Info - Dlna: No matching device profile found. The default will need to be used.

Happy2Play

Not sure the best way to approach this profile.  Looks like the Play:5 can use the USER-AGENT=Sonos (from MrWebsmith's log) but Spaceboy's logs never showed the User-Agent for Play:1.

@Spaceboy @CBers @im85288 @MrWebsmith

Does the profile work with this information?  If so then we can have Luke upload it.  If not then will have to make a "How to" for this profile.

<Name>Sonos Play</Name>

<Identification>

<FriendlyName />

<ModelNumber />

<SerialNumber />

<ModelName />

<DeviceDescription />

<ModelUrl />

<Manufacturer>Sonos, Inc.</Manufacturer>

<ManufacturerUrl>http://www.sonos.com/</ManufacturerUrl>

<Headers>

<HttpHeaderInfo name="User-Agent" value="Sonos" match="Substring" />

</Headers>

</Identification>
Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

MrWebsmith

just trying to follow im85288's post to add the info from the log to the profile, but im not seeing the block of info in the log that would translate to the xml fields in the profile builder.. did you figure that part out yet?