Question about my TV Sound Settings

Oracle
Go to solution Solved by Oracle,

Unsure why, whether it be the settings of my DVD ripper, my television, or something inside Emby's settings, but often times, the audio of pretty much every file has some sort of issue where the dialogue is suppressed, but the background noise (shooting, explosions, whatever) is much louder and can be heard clearly at a regular volume.

I have been forced to turn my television's volume settings up to even hear the dialogue.

Is this an Emby issue, can I change this?

How?

Sure! Here is the log from the web app: [Attached]

Not really sure how else to describe the issue rather than above, and there isn't necessarily a way to provide screen grabs. The volume is regularly on 15-25 while watching standard TV. With Emby, I have it cranked up to at least 35-45 minimum to hear dialogue.

Now, it is not the receiver in which Emby is played on, as this issue occurs across multiple platforms (Xbox One, PS4, DLNA, etc.)

If you need any further clarification, I'd be happy to try my best and provide it for you.

@@Luke

Emby Log.txt

Ok i'm really looking for a whole folder of logs, what i'm really looking for is to go over one specific example. thanks.

Guest asrequested

Looking at that screenshot (no ffmpeg log), it looks like the downmixing from surround sound is not working, for some reason. 

• Like 1

• Solution

I seemed to have fixed the issue after tweaking my sound settings in my TV a little bit more. My wife pointed out to me that it is only the one device that does this, I was mistaken.