Channel Plus (XUMO)

Robert X. Gonzalez

Robert X. Gonzalez

Team,

Any plans to include Channel Plus as a plugin?  I have a Samsung and LG 4K and very pleased they now include Emby app and notice they also have Channel Plus which offers choices not readily available over the air.

Robert X. Gonzalez

Luke,

Good to hear from you!  See link: https://corp.xumo.com/lg-channel-plus/

I was watching Dennis the Menace this afternoon on my Samsung 55 / 4k which I recently purchased.  I am still exploring, but they seem to have an assortment of channels ....as they say premier but all free.  News, sports, movies, old tv serials, history, docs..... Just wondering if anyone has looked into this.  It could make for an interesting addition to the many features I already enjoy with Emby Premier and from what I see, about to get better!!!! Yes! :)

Robert

Robert X. Gonzalez

Luke,

I think the short answer is no but have to defer the integration aspects to the XUMO folks.   I think Channel Plus is for Samsung/LG and Xumo for everything else if I read their site information correctly.   With either, a generous number of channels and live streams are available.

According to their FAQ; https://corp.xumo.com/faq/ you can contact them for details on integration.  Integration into Emby, am hopeful . As I explored this matter found that they now have an app for ROKU (as the XUMO app); indeed, just installed on my Roku and you can also if you have a Roku.  I figure, if they have an app for ROKU, there is hope.  There are also apps for smartphones. Like I said, I am still exploring this myself, only had it for about two weeks, but I hope I teased you enough to check into Xumo!!!! :)  Keep up the good work on Emby.

Robert