Remove Series from profile

Guest ctopher72

Guest ctopher72

I have setup a profile for my wife and one for myself in Emby. We have some TV series we like to watch in common, but also have a bunch of series that only one of us likes. To be able to remove a series from a profile or hide it from view would be a cool feature.

Edited by ctopher72

Happy2Play

The easiest way currently would be adding Tags to each series and using Parental Controls to block tagged items.

But there are other ways like separate folders.  This is easier to do in next release 3.6.  Have a separate His and Hers folders assigned to the same library and only give her access to the Her folder.

Guest ctopher72

The easiest way currently would be adding Tags to each series and using Parental Controls to block tagged items.

But there are other ways like separate folders.  This is easier to do in next release 3.6.  Have a separate His and Hers folders assigned to the same library and only give her access to the Her folder.

Thanks for the reply. The challenge with separate folders is that we have 10-12 shows we both watch, and then others only one of us likes. I will take a look at the tagging method.

Thanks for the reply. The challenge with separate folders is that we have 10-12 shows we both watch, and then others only one of us likes. I will take a look at the tagging method.

This is very doable as well.  Just three folders:

his

hers

both

Put the appropriate items in the appropriate folder and have two users with access like this:

him:  both and his

her: both and hers

Viola!

Guest ctopher72

This is very doable as well.  Just three folders:

his

hers

both

Put the appropriate items in the appropriate folder and have two users with access like this:

him:  both and his

her: both and hers

Viola!

Thanks...... I ended up doing the tagging and it works great.