BRAVIA KDL-5HX920

steve1977

steve1977

I am trying for the first time to get the DLNA feature to work on my Sony TV. Maneuvered through the menus on the television and I can confirm that the internet connection is properly set-up and I can browse the Internet. Can also confirm that MBS identifies the televison:

BRAVIA KDL-55HX920

What I don't know how to actually have the Bravia access the movie folder. When I go to "Server Display Settings" on my Bravia, I am getting the error message: "servers cannot be recognised. please check the connections, press select update list".

When I do this, I am getting the error message: "Servers cannot be recognised. please check the connections".

I am not sure whether the issue with me, the bravia or with MBS.

Any help appreciated!

Beardyname

Are you currently on DEV build ? otherwise the DLNA that is "active" now is a Play-to feature, aka pick up whatever MB app you want and then play them to the television.

If you are on the DEV build though this thread should be moved to that section of the forum. (Is there a settings page for DLNA server ? otherwise it is Play-to you have to be using for now :) )

steve1977

Thanks for your message. I am actually on the stable built. When using the play-to feature, I am receiving the following error:

"THE REMOTE SERVER RETURNED AN ERROR: (500) INTERNAL SERVER ERROR"

And server log below:

https://www.paste.to/paALY52S

• 1 year later...

Please try again on the latest beta. There's a number of fixes for Sony Bravia's. Thanks.