xmltv guide data

duelistjp

duelistjp

trying to set up an m3u tuner with 7192 channels.  perhaps it hasn't finished updating guide data but the guide seems limited to 700 channels. is this so?  if so is there a way i can set which channels get guide info.  i'm fine not every channel not getting info. most of them are channels i'd probably rather get rid of if i could actually.  anyway to do that?  thanks for your help.  i'm a newb to emby i played with it a few years ago but never really got a working setup.  trying the live tv here since plex got rid of plugins on the roku app

duelistjp

i'm not entirely sure i am but on the roku app i'm only seeing 700 channels exactly in the guide. but when i list all channels there are 7192

I see the limit in the channels task. I believe it is there because of performance reasons. I know there is a way to sort so favorites are at the top of the channel list.

Are all channels supposed to be available? There is only so much data you can ingest and render before something breaks on older devices. The app isn't discarding the old data loaded. As you scroll down or right, the old data is still there so it is quick to scroll back.

https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/Texture+Memory

More specifically, the size in bytes of the image file does not matter (so compressing your images is inconsequential), rather, the pixel dimension of the image is strictly important. Images are loaded into texture memory in the form of bitmaps, taking up 4 bytes per pixel (RGBA). A quick calculation (width x height x 4B) can help you approximate how much texture memory your images will be taking up.

You can see here that there is 20MB of texture memory for the older roku2 models and the older streaming stick, tyler chipset. You get 44.5MB of texture memory on the giga chipset. This is the roku 3/2. Then on the newer hardware you get the full 60MB of texture ram.

Before you ask, no. There is no way to reference how much texture memory you have available without tracking model number of the device and keeping a table. Another way would be if we detect the device can support 4K we can assume it has a faster processor and raise the limit beyond the 700 to something higher. But to track all potential model numbers and figure how much to render in the grid would be a futile game of always having to add new model numbers.

@@ebr What do you think? There is a reason that limit is there and it must be there because of performance. But what if we could detect higher spec by support 4k? What should the new limit be?

Edited by speechles

We should be able to increase this across the board.  Texture memory shouldn't be an issue with the way the guide is implemented - just total memory.

We should be able to increase this across the board.  Texture memory shouldn't be an issue with the way the guide is implemented - just total memory.

Increase to... ?

.. or do you mean, remove the limit entirely?

The roku may not have that sorting setting right now but we will get it caught up to the other apps. Thanks.

The roku may not have that sorting setting right now but we will get it caught up to the other apps. Thanks.

You cannot adjust the setting on the Roku app yet but it will respect the setting.  So, just bring up the guide in the web (or any other) app and turn on the option to show favorites on top.