Auto Box Sets

arrbee99

alturismo

@@alturismo

Can you show the contents of the "Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015)" folder.

root@AlsServer:~# ls -l /mnt/user/Media/HDDVDR/Mission\ Impossible\ -\ Rogue\ Nation\ \(2015\)/
total 60212932
-rwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 13215564944 Jan  7  2018 Mission\ Impossible\ -\ Rogue\ Nation\ (2015)\ -\ 1080p.mkv*
-rwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 48442472533 Jun 27  2018 Mission\ Impossible\ -\ Rogue\ Nation\ (2015)\ -\ 2160p.mkv*
root@AlsServer:~#

post-112497-0-33952200-1546638413_thumb.png

Happy2Play

root@AlsServer:~# ls -l /mnt/user/Media/HDDVDR/Mission\ Impossible\ -\ Rogue\ Nation\ \(2015\)/
total 60212932
-rwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 13215564944 Jan  7  2018 Mission\ Impossible\ -\ Rogue\ Nation\ (2015)\ -\ 1080p.mkv*
-rwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 48442472533 Jun 27  2018 Mission\ Impossible\ -\ Rogue\ Nation\ (2015)\ -\ 2160p.mkv*
root@AlsServer:~#

So you don't save any metadata with media, correct?  So your setups relies solely on the metadata in the database as it is the only place written, minus collections and playlists as they reside elsewhere.

Also if you change "Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015) - 1080p.mkv" to "Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015) - 2160p.mkv" in the collection.xml and run a library scan does it appear?

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

@@Luke

With multi-version which one is read from in the database?  Because when you save metadata with media only one nfo is created for both items. 

My test case both multi-version items that had the nfo file written for it appeared in the collection.xml, so how is that handled if there is no nfo?

<CollectionItems>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Path>C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Movies - nfo\Test 2\17 Again (2009)\17 Again (2009) - 1080p.mkv</Path>
    </CollectionItem>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Path>C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Movies - nfo\Test 2\12 Years a Slave (2013)\12 Years a Slave (2013) - 1080p.disc</Path>
    </CollectionItem>

alturismo

some infos

metadatas, yes, no nfo files here (i dont like all these files ... would also like to get rid of them on records too ;) ) and no playlists at all.

rename to - 2160p with same result, doesnt show up, as described earlier, even when i "remove" a version it doesnt work (see page 2, worked on dark knight but not ...)

and no, i cant confirm its only a multi format issue, tested with jack ryan collection ... Stunde der Patrioten, same behavior ... here its all 1080p exept Shadow Recruit, its only 2160p, no multi formats ...

i first thought its a multi format issue (see page 2) but sadly no ...

2019-01-04 21:26:51.791 Debug Auto Box Sets: Found box set 192492 with 5 members.
2019-01-04 21:26:51.791 Debug Auto Box Sets: Box set already exists. Will confirm members.
2019-01-04 21:26:51.791 Debug Auto Box Sets: Member Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit already exists
2019-01-04 21:26:51.791 Debug Auto Box Sets: Member Jagd auf Roter Oktober already exists
2019-01-04 21:26:51.791 Debug Auto Box Sets: Member Der Anschlag already exists
2019-01-04 21:26:51.791 Debug Auto Box Sets: Adding member Die Stunde der Patrioten
2019-01-04 21:26:51.803 Debug ProviderManager: Saving /config/data/collections/Jack Ryan Filmreihe [boxset] to Emby Xml.

when you check the log, all "Adding member ..." are the ones not working here.

Line 1043: 2019-01-04 21:26:51.791 Debug Auto Box Sets: Adding member Die Stunde der Patrioten
Line 1351: 2019-01-04 21:26:51.844 Debug Auto Box Sets: Adding member Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation
Line 1459: 2019-01-04 21:26:51.856 Debug Auto Box Sets: Adding member Transformers - Die Rache
Line 1461: 2019-01-04 21:26:51.857 Debug Auto Box Sets: Adding member Transformers
Line 1463: 2019-01-04 21:26:51.858 Debug Auto Box Sets: Adding member Transformers 3
Line 1465: 2019-01-04 21:26:51.859 Debug Auto Box Sets: Adding member Transformers: Ära des Untergangs
Line 1541: 2019-01-04 21:26:51.869 Debug Auto Box Sets: Adding member Die Tribute von Panem - Catching Fire
Line 1543: 2019-01-04 21:26:51.870 Debug Auto Box Sets: Adding member Die Tribute von Panem - Mockingjay Teil 1
Line 1545: 2019-01-04 21:26:51.872 Debug Auto Box Sets: Adding member Die Tribute von Panem - The Hunger Games
Line 1587: 2019-01-04 21:26:51.877 Debug Auto Box Sets: Adding member The Expendables 2
Line 1589: 2019-01-04 21:26:51.878 Debug Auto Box Sets: Adding member The Expendables
Line 1593: 2019-01-04 21:26:51.879 Debug Auto Box Sets: Adding member Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Line 1597: 2019-01-04 21:26:51.881 Debug Auto Box Sets: Adding member Das Bourne Ultimatum
Line 1599: 2019-01-04 21:26:51.882 Debug Auto Box Sets: Adding member Das Bourne Vermächtnis
Line 1601: 2019-01-04 21:26:51.883 Debug Auto Box Sets: Adding member Die Bourne Identität
Line 1603: 2019-01-04 21:26:51.884 Debug Auto Box Sets: Adding member Die Bourne Verschwörung
Line 1614: 2019-01-04 21:26:51.886 Debug Auto Box Sets: Adding member Halloween

i can confirm that in the collection.xml theres always only 1 version notified, sample harry potter, in the collection xml theres only the 1080p versions ...

accessing them i can choose 1080 or 2160 so all good, my thought was it only needs 1 version to sort them, nvm.

Happy2Play

To me this is a multi-version linking issue in the database when user does not save metadata with media.

Tested adding " - 1080p" and " - 2160p" items to a Collection item.  

Performed a Library Scan - item were properly grouped and appeared in the Collection " - 1080p" items were written to collection.xml

Removed a " - 1080p" item from a movie leaving only the " - 2160p" version and performed a library scan.  Item was removed from Collection in the UI and appear in movie list, but the plugin sees the change and updates collection.xml to reflect the " - 2160p" version.  But the server does not group it.

Added the " - 1080p" item back in movie folder and performed a scan.  Item picked up, and added to collection.xml now showing both version and the item was grouped into collection again.

Removing the affect movie with only " - 2160p" version, library scan, and re-adding still had the item appear alone.

Item always returned to collection when adding the " - 1080p" version. 

So it would appear whatever version is first linked in the database is the version needed for grouping.

Testing done on clean portable 3.6.0.84.

alturismo

nice info @@Happy2Play

and when i think about it, the left movie wich is not multi version here was a record and not recorded as movie,

emby recognized it as series, i didnt bother for this cause i renamed and moved it then ... and deleted the nfo file.

so, may also if a movie was added to library differently before its messed for collections ...

the others i have left are all multi version movies

• 2 weeks later...
Scott310

Hopefully I am not hijacking here but I am seeing this too.  I recently added a movie to the library that was a third in a series.  I went to check the collection and the third movie is there but the second one was knocked out. I checked the metadata manager and the second film is there still but it does not show up in the collection page.

alturismo

i ll reset my library one day to see if that solves it ...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

ok, did the reset and ... even worse now ;) only 1 collection found (Aquaman), nothing else anymore ... no matter what i do.

and yes, movies have their collection ids etc etc like before, sample, bad boys 1 and 2 have both the db collection id 14890.

Log.txt

alturismo

ok, another Test now by enabling the nfo files ... and now it seems to work (a little) better ...

just alot are not auto recognized at all, manually adding them will come up after adding them, restarting and triggering boxsets again ... whyever.

overall, without nfo files the boxsets seems to be useless or at least not working here, with nfo files and after resetting database i can at least manually correct them so far here ...

i ll report back if theres again an issue where a movie cant be forced.

would be nice to drop the nfo files ... why an nfo if theres an database etc ... makes no sence to me at all, just cluttering hdd´s with extra (normally) useless files ..

searching hdd for something doubles results and so on ...

ok, another Test now by enabling the nfo files ... and now it seems to work (a little) better ...

just alot are not auto recognized at all, manually adding them will come up after adding them, restarting and triggering boxsets again ... whyever.

overall, without nfo files the boxsets seems to be useless or at least not working here, with nfo files and after resetting database i can at least manually correct them so far here ...

i ll report back if theres again an issue where a movie cant be forced.

would be nice to drop the nfo files ... why an nfo if theres an database etc ... makes no sence to me at all, just cluttering hdd´s with extra (normally) useless files ..

searching hdd for something doubles results and so on ...

Can you please give an example? Have you checked out the AutoBoxSets wiki to learn what is required in order to have boxsets automatically created?

alturismo

Can you please give an example? Have you checked out the AutoBoxSets wiki to learn what is required in order to have boxsets automatically created?

i think samples are enough in this thread, nevermind, seems to work with nfo files now ...

the rest i add manually and thats working now, i ll compare with Pl.. wich is still running here side by side, then i see wich ones where also missing.

and yes, like described before i have done all kinda things ... nothing in the wiki wich helped cause it is all good here,

now after the database reset i have the collections like mission impossible complete and not one missing like before ...

still my point of view is that the nfo files are a mess, like Happy2Play described they seemed to be needed ...

and i guess why its harder here, i use german titles, so the emby scraper sometimes fails to fetch the correct movie (yes, they are named correctly with tmdb name),

now when i change it by identifying (there i see emby always seems to take the 1st hit and not the 100 % fitting one) the auto box set fails ...

and theres the loose when not using nfo files when i think about it ... with nfo files somehow it works then after a while.

so in the end, database reset and nfo files creation solved it in most cases, i know have ~ 120 collections auto recognized (completely) from the ~ 140 i have,

i started with 2 adding manually and it worked out, i also added a missing movie to a recognized collection wich also worked, so im good now cause i look for it,

but its not "fire and forget" yet ... and wont be until the scraper will catch the correct movie.

as this affects only some movies its nothing to really care about here personally, i just tried to get closer why some have issues ...

sample from the recognizing

filename

Pfad/mnt/HDDVDR/Vergebung (2009)/Vergebung (2009) - 1080p.mkv

automatically its recognized as the 1st hit (red arrow on attachment), correct would be the one on the right side ...

of course this movie was not added to the millenium collection ....

then i identified it new, refreshed box sets, nothing happened (after checking if tmdb collection id was there and correct),

so i manually added it to the collection and its there now ... after checking if the nfo file was updated.

i guess this would have been one of the movies wich i never would have any chance to add to a collection without nfo file cause it was

1st recognized badly and somehow it would never be added to the correct collection.

just as sample and im good with collections for now ;)

post-112497-0-54075100-1548015593_thumb.png

Edited by alturismo

alturismo

Ok so this is really an issue of movie identification?

when i find some time i ll try some stuff, its a thought what "could" be the reason ... not more ...

i just had the issues too and my setup was without nfo files cause useless in my point ... nevermind ;)

and i see that some movies are just not scraped properly (as mentioned i guess due german titles),

and before as u may remember there was NO chance here to add some movies even manually in a collection,

even while all parameters are correct, name, id, collection id, ... just didnt came in ...

my guess is that some titles the collection id get in some cases "locked" in the database from the 1st scraped hit by emby or whatever ...

when using the nfo files it seems as soon these are new written (after new identification) the movies get thr proper collection id also in the database.

what also indicates that nfo files are necessary, now when i go into a collection and click the movie i see both versions available (dropdown as expected),

before without nfo files there always was only 1 available (1st hit probably) ... so in the end im pretty sure nfo files are essential AND influence the database behavior.

lets make a sample in theory where im pretty sure will end up like this.

- NO nfo files

- collection whatever in 1080p

- adding the 2160p versions

-> collection stays alive but inside the collection only 1080p available, outside the collection both available

- removing now 1080p version

-> pretty sure collection is empty and you wont be able to add the 2160p versions and locked ...

- WITH nfo files

-> all good

we are now NOT talking about the scraper (german titles), but because of the scraper and if a movie was scraped badly WITH some other collection and i dont use nfo files im out of luck i guess ...

and i already posted logs etc and Happy2Play also tested something like this too when i remember correctly ...

so if you can confirm this may make a hint to the collection wiki to USE NFO files ;) or check why this comes up like this ...

I appreciate the investigation but nfo files won't affect the ability to manually add something to a boxset. Can either you or @@Happy2Play reproduce any of these quirks on a fresh portable install? Perhaps there is just some quirk with the database upgrade from 3.x.

alturismo

I appreciate the investigation but nfo files won't affect the ability to manually add something to a boxset. Can either you or @@Happy2Play reproduce any of these quirks on a fresh portable install? Perhaps there is just some quirk with the database upgrade from 3.x.

when i read up post #57 he already did that ...

I have every single Bond Movie in my collection. I am not seeing these in a Collection / Box Set.

Maybe TheMovieDb doesn't have the correct tags but I'm not sure. Is there something I can do to force it?

Thanks!

Edited by Sammy

I have every single Bond Movie in my collection. I am not seeing these in a Collection / Box Set.

Maybe TheMovieDb doesn't have the correct tags but I'm not sure. Is there something I can do to force it?

Thanks!

Yes you can always create collections manually. To learn how to do this, please check out our wiki:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Collections

Thanks.

• Like 1

Yes you can always create collections manually. To learn how to do this, please check out our wiki:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Collections

Thanks.

I just wanted to report back that without any action on my part the bond collection showed up in the collection section of movies yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk