Multi-Directory Playlist Issues

devexity

devexity

I'm using PlaylistCreator3 to create .m3u playlists that I hope to be able to use on my Emby Server.  I currently have 155 different artist folders (each with their own sub folders for each album) equating to about 130GB of music, and since Emby does not have Smart-Playlists yet, I'd like to make my own custom playlists such as 'Do You Even Lift', 'Cardio Bunny', 'Morning Drive', 'Daughters songs', etc.  

Right now I have to click on an Artists name or Album and play.  However I generally don't listen to just 1 artist at a time, so it becomes a pain to have to constantly go in and select the next song.  Playing based on Genre is also not a real solution as I listen a wide array of genres and I run into the same issue with constantly switching.

The playlists I have created all work in other players such as Windows Media Player etc, but Emby cannot find the songs if there are multiple directories.  Opening one of the m3u test playlists in Notepad++ shows the following:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:163,The Lego Movie - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (Target Exclusive) - 01 - Everything is Awesome!!!
Zoe Songs\Lego Movie\Various Artists - The Lego Movie (Deluxe Edition) (2014) [FLAC] {WTM39525}\01 - Tegan and Sara Featuring The Lonely Island - Everything is Awesome!!!.flac
#EXTINF:192,Disney Classics (Disc 1: Modern Classics) - 01 - Under the Sea - The Little Mermaid
Zoe Songs\Disney\Disney Classics (2013) [4CD Box Set] [FLAC]\Disc 1 - Modern Classics\01 - Under the Sea - The Little Mermaid.flac
#EXTINF:223,Disney Classics (Disc 1: Modern Classics) - 02 - Be Our Guest - Beauty and the Beast
Zoe Songs\Disney\Disney Classics (2013) [4CD Box Set] [FLAC]\Disc 1 - Modern Classics\02 - Be Our Guest - Beauty and the Beast.flac
#EXTINF:160,Disney Classics (Disc 1: Modern Classics) - 04 - A Whole New World - Aladdin
Zoe Songs\Disney\Disney Classics (2013) [4CD Box Set] [FLAC]\Disc 1 - Modern Classics\04 - A Whole New World - Aladdin.flac
#EXTINF:238,Disney Classics (Disc 1: Modern Classics) - 06 - Circle of Life - The Lion King
Zoe Songs\Disney\Disney Classics (2013) [4CD Box Set] [FLAC]\Disc 1 - Modern Classics\06 - Circle of Life - The Lion King.flac

I am wondering if I have to go in here and modify the path or perhaps it is certain characters that are not recognized by Emby.

The m3u file is saved in the FLAC root here: D:\My Music\_FLAC\test.m3u

Ive also noticed if I create a m3u with only 1 directory in it, (even if its NOT in the same directory as the music), it works.  For instance I can create a test2.m3u in the FLAC root directory: D:\My Music\_FLAC and have it point to songs in D:\My Music\_FLAC\Ed Sheeran\Ed Sheeran - ÷ {Deluxe Edition}  (2017) [FLAC]\  and the playlist works.  However the moment I add a song from another folder to the playlist, it will not work and I see the following error:

Playback Error
No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

I am assuming this is something that can be fixed with some editing of the m3u file, I just need guidance on what needs to be changed to make this work.

------------

Obviously I know I could just make a custom folder for each 'playlist' but that's duplicating files at that point.  For instance a new folder called "Lifting" and put all the songs I want to lift to in there and then create a playlist.  I'll do this if I have to, but would rather figure out how to use my existing file structure.

Edited by devexity

devexity

5c0a06ffdf114_Emby00.png

5c0a070ea91a0_Emby01.png

5c0a071ca2133_Emby02.png

5c0a072e5bc5e_Emby03.png

I attempted to build a new test playlist to pull the logs, and I'm not sure what happened, but it is working now.  I'll try and do the original playlist now and see if I run into issues and post results & logs

the media file has to exist in the emby library using the exact same full path that the relative path in the playlist would lead to, so that's what i was going to be looking to verify in the server log. thanks.