IPTV Plugin

erikastevens30

erikastevens30

Good Day...I hope this is the right forum to post this, if not please move it to where it belongs. My question is regarding the IPTV plugin. Is the plugin designed to work with an IPTV service provider? I have a service provider that I have a subscription with and it works just fine through a standalone NPVR program. I installed the plugin with no problem and entered the credentials I normally use in both areas, "URL" and "Image URL" not knowing which was the proper one to use. Unfortunately, I could not connect. I know the creds are correct and working because when I go to the provider website and enter same, it all works. Any ideas? Thanks in advance and cheers!

Hi, not really. It is designed to import single individual videos. You probably instead want to use the Live TV M3u tuner source feature to import your content.

erikastevens30

Thanks Luke

So I tried out the M3U tuner as the tuner type and entered the following...http://api.vaders.tv/vget?username=$$$&password=$$$$$$.When I saved it I received an alert stating that there was an error  and to ensure it is accessible.  It is accessible as I tried it out with VLC and I also use it constantly through a standalone NPVR. Any help?

Now I tried using the following...http://vaders.tv/p2.xml and it worked as far as getting me past the Alert error but all I get is a pseudo TV Guide that is not populated. Besides, the xml file is just the EPG and doesn't have my credentials to get me my data.I also entered the xml file under TV Guide data providers and still a no go.

Edited by erikastevens30

With the m3u tuner you'll need to use the first url. The xml tv is the guide data that comes after that. Please try again and if the issue remains, please attach the emby server log. thanks.

erikastevens30

Good day...Here is what I get when I click on "save". I have also attached the log. Thanks for your help. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Cheers!!

5c0c4cf81f2e1_Capture.png

Log.txt

That error makes it look like your server is unable to reach your iptv provider. What happens if you put your iptv url into the browser?

erikastevens30

Good Day...well just entering in either Firefox, Chrome or IE web browsers gets me no connection. However, using the URL in VLC, Kodi or NPVR gets me to my iptv provider and works just fine which is why I am at a loss for why it is not working through emby.  

erikastevens30

Good Day everyone...Hey Luke thanks for the assistance and I have good news!  I was able to get the Live TV set up and its working fine now. The only change I made was in the URL. The current URL that made it all work leaves off the ...api at the beginning. I replace it with the following http://vaders.tv/vget?username=$$$$&password=$$$$.Don't know why that would not work ( the api version that is) in Emby and still work in my other apps but I thought you would appreciate my finding. I got the idea of the URL when I found a thread about "dumb tuner" and post #6 alluded to a URL with which when launched, I did get my m3u8 file.

Oh and I did try the user agent you suggested but I still received the same as in post #5. Thanks for the help. Cheers!

• Like 1

ddurdle

Vaders had an issue with their EPG earlier this month and has been making changes, so it has been on/off.  They are finished with their EPG changes and proclaim it fully working now.  But it doesn't work in Emby.  Emby scans  over the file and finds nothing of value in it and doesn't match it up with the m3u8.  I have no idea what is wrong with their EPG data that makes it not match.  Clearly there is some discrepancy.

Putting it out there if people are wondering why their Vaders no longer matches against the p2.xml via Emby. 

ddurdle

I tested a vader url today and saw no problems.

Looks from this discussion it is a change in Vaders handled already only by the beta version:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/66674-unable-to-update-epg/?hl=epg

I'll have to test Vaders on Emby 3.6 to confirm.

It seems that Vaders introduced é and á in their new EPG,which I can confirm I'm encountering the same issue as the original poster in that thread on 3.5.3.

ddurdle

Looks like Vaders has corrected the issue on their end.  The p2.xml file is now coming with the UTF-8 encoding instead of these é  á etc now.

So anyone using Vaders on Emby 3.5.3, the p2.xml EPG should now work as-is without needing to filter these out.

• 2 weeks later...
robesau

Looks like Vaders has corrected the issue on their end.  The p2.xml file is now coming with the UTF-8 encoding instead of these é  á etc now.

So anyone using Vaders on Emby 3.5.3, the p2.xml EPG should now work as-is without needing to filter these out.

interesting, I stil seem to be having problems. but cant narrow it down.

EODCrafter

Vader's Guide has been down for 3 days now if anyone curious...Just use Luke's New Guide.

Vader's Stand is that Emby and all others should adapt to their Guide format and therefore won't fix it.

5c2d437a067e5_Screenshotfrom201901021704

Edited by EODCrafter

robesau

Vader's Guide has been down for 3 days now if anyone curious...Just use Luke's New Guide.

its weird the p2.xml has the right data in it but Emby wount pick it up.

do you have a link for lukes guide sorry not sure what or where that is.

EODCrafter

its weird the p2.xml has the right data in it but Emby wount pick it up.

do you have a link for lukes guide sorry not sure what or where that is.

It contains Invalid Characters like & and makes it a invalid XML file.

It's part of the Control Panel....Put in Country and select the Emby Guide....Will take some work mapping but it will always work!

Edited by EODCrafter

robesau

It's part of the Control Panel....Put in Country and select the Emby Guide....Will take some work mapping but it will always work!

alright i assume that you are referring to the help link that takes you to the wiki.

which is cool and all. but I have had this working successfully for about 3 months now. and the epg went down(vaders fault) they fixed it, and it worked for a couple days and now there EPG works on other platforms but emby does not read the data for some reason. this is the error I get.

2019-01-02 14:19:44.441 Info App: xmltv path: http://vaders.tv/p2.xml
2019-01-02 14:19:44.652 Error App: Error getting programs for channel NFL Live
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.5.3.0
	Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Unix 4.4.0.31
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: /config
	Application directory: /system
	System.Xml.XmlException: An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 247038, position 33.
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, Int32 lineNo, Int32 linePos)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.HandleEntityReference(Boolean isInAttributeValue, EntityExpandType expandType, Int32& charRefEndPos)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32& startPos, Int32& endPos, Int32& outOrChars)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.SkipPartialTextValue()
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
	   at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadToFollowing(String name)
	   at Emby.XmlTv.Classes.XmlTvReader.GetChannels()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.Listings.XmlTvProvider.GetChannels(ListingsProviderInfo info, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.GetEpgChannels(IListingsProvider provider, ListingsProviderInfo info, Boolean enableCache, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.GetEpgChannelFromTunerChannel(IListingsProvider provider, ListingsProviderInfo info, ChannelInfo tunerChannel, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.GetProgramsAsync(String channelId, DateTime startDateUtc, DateTime endDateUtc, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.LiveTvManager.RefreshChannelsInternal(ILiveTvService service, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	System.Xml.XmlException
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, Int32 lineNo, Int32 linePos)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.HandleEntityReference(Boolean isInAttributeValue, EntityExpandType expandType, Int32& charRefEndPos)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32& startPos, Int32& endPos, Int32& outOrChars)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.SkipPartialTextValue()
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
	   at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadToFollowing(String name)
	   at Emby.XmlTv.Classes.XmlTvReader.GetChannels()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.Listings.XmlTvProvider.GetChannels(ListingsProviderInfo info, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.GetEpgChannels(IListingsProvider provider, ListingsProviderInfo info, Boolean enableCache, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.GetEpgChannelFromTunerChannel(IListingsProvider provider, ListingsProviderInfo info, ChannelInfo tunerChannel, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.GetProgramsAsync(String channelId, DateTime startDateUtc, DateTime endDateUtc, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.LiveTvManager.RefreshChannelsInternal(ILiveTvService service, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

tho after typing this out i should probably start a new thread for support. just want to make sure this isnt emby with the problem or if it is Vaders.

EODCrafter

alright i assume that you are referring to the help link that takes you to the wiki.

which is cool and all. but I have had this working successfully for about 3 months now. and the epg went down(vaders fault) they fixed it, and it worked for a couple days and now there EPG works on other platforms but emby does not read the data for some reason. this is the error I get.

Re-Read my post I edited it......

Error you posted essentially says BAD XML File...Sry, Not Emby's Fault...Contact Vaders.

Sry, This is only in the Beta Version as of now....forgot to Mention that.....

5c2d464b01172_Screenshotfrom201901021714

Edited by EODCrafter
  • Like 1

robesau

It contains Invalid Characters like & and makes it a invalid XML file.

after a bit of googling and then looking at the 3.6 blog post about switching to gracenotes from scheduletv. which is what i assume you are referring to. which I am not able to update to 3.6 yet.