4k HTPC upgrade, fresh OS, Stuttering issues with files larger than 15gb

daign
Go to solution Solved by daign,

So. I have a fresh windows 10 install 4x 3TB drives and 1x 10TB Ironwolf in storage spaces raid.

Running NZBget, Radarr, Emby, Sickchill.

Everything seems to be working fine except streaming larger 4k files to my Shield. The shield is on ethernet as is the server. I assume its a codec or HVEC 4k codec issue? We were able to stream a 12gb 1080p MKV file via the internet to my families house so emby is working well...

Attached are logs of me trying to stream "The Matrix" to my Shield, then Trying to stream it locally on the server. It stutters on both?

I cant get past the intro numeric sequence without 5+ halts. on both Server and shield.

Server ans transcode logs attached.

Thanks!

server.txt

transcode.txt

Happy2Play

Looking at the transcode log HW acceleration is failing and falling back to software and just not processing fast enough (fps= 24).  I would assume as reported many times with PSGSubs that this does not happen with subtitles disabled.  And as in other topics it is recommended using external subs instead of embedded PSG.

[hevc_qsv @ 0000021df547a5c0] Error initializing the MFX video decoder: invalid video parameters (-15)
Error while decoding stream #0:0: Invalid argument

You can try disabling hevc decoding.

There are lots of improvements in HW acceleration in the next release. (3.6)

• Like 1

The PGS subs are going to be the root of your problem.  If you can replace those with external SRT subs, i think everything will be fine.

Thanks.

blade005

The PGS subs are going to be the root of your problem.  If you can replace those with external SRT subs, i think everything will be fine.

Thanks.

1. Are embedded SRT subs okay?
  2. If you have embedded SRT sub and also leave an external SRT sub in folder, do Emby apps use the external as the default?