Microsoft Store version vs current playing HEVC HDR10

smoothquark

Guest asrequested

I don't know, but you could grab it and build your own with it. By the looks of it, none of the checks have been developed. So it could simple crash the app on a lot of computers, if they haven't been configured, correctly. Or it'll send the HDR metadata without knowing if the GPU and display even support it.

Guest asrequested

It wouldn't surprise me if it never gets finished. From all the stuff I've read from these guys, they think HDR passthrough is junk. Just look what jeeb has called it... hdr_crapola. So I don't think it's a high priority for them.

smoothquark

The Nvidia 1050Ti that I had ordered has arrived and is now installed. The LG HDR file is playing OK on 3.0.5 through mpv, but subjectively slightly juddery compared to the store version using the internal player (blind tested by family members!). PLayback is HDR10 on Ctrl-J. The HDR indicator on the TV is only shown when HDR is enabled on the desktop. As Doofus said above, mpv does not as yet send the HDR metadata to the TV, and neither does the internal player.