Emby Server Recording Failure

srolomc
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hello,

I recently switched to using Live TV with Emby.  I setup my own DVR, and was able to record a movie a couple days ago.  I set a few other recordings to run, and the first one (that was supposed to record this morning) did not work, so I am looking for some help with this.  The only thing that changed between the first recording that worked and this next one is that I switched from an Apple TV to a Roku, but I do not see why that would have any effect on recordings since that should just be done through the server.  I have attached my log; you may search for the following timestamp to see the error:

2018-12-02 15:04:58.661

Thanks for the help!

recordLog.txt

Hi.  That timestamp doesn't appear to be related to any recordings.  What was the item that was to record and what time was it supposed to start?

Thanks.

Actually I think I uploaded the incorrect log, sorry about that.  I have reattached the log to this post.  The movie is called "My Christmas Prince", and you should be able to search for the following timestamp:

2018-12-02 15:00:00.008

The movie was supposed to start recording at 10am ET, so I think the log time is correct.

Also, I did end up rebooting my server, and I tried kicking off a recording and it worked.  I have another one scheduled for 4pm today, so I will see if that one executes as well.  I would still be interested to know if there is anything obvious in the log that I missed for future reference in case this happens again.  Thanks!

recordLog.txt

Yea there is an error here that i haven't seen before. Since we have a new release coming soon let's re-evaluate with that. If you need immediate relief you can always jump on the beta channel. Thanks.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Luke; if everything goes OK with the recording this evening then I will consider this matter closed for now.  I have tried a couple other quick recordings today and they worked.