Question on mixed content and metadata

bozrdnag
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

bozrdnag

I recently created a mixed content library for my documentaries.  When I did so I moved all my existing documentaries that were already scanned as either TV shows or movies over and everything looked good (TV and movies were displayed together with all metadata intact) so I assumed everything was good to go.  My issue is that now I have added a new TV show titled Frozen Planet and it is not scraping any metadata except for file details.  I can't even add it manually as there is nowhere to enter thetvdb.com ID.

Conversely, I created an new library titled UHD documentaries and also set it to mixed content.  I added a single video (the movie National Park Adventures) and it scraped all the metadata just fine.  Am i doing something wrong or is this the expected behavior?  How do I get the new TV series Frozen Planet to scrape the metadata?

I know this seems like a basic question but I did search Google for quite some time with no luck.  Sorry in advance.

bozrdnag

/Videos

/Documentaries

/Blu-Ray

/Frozen Planet (TV Series)

/Frozen Planet - s01e01 - Title - BluRay Rip.mkv

/Frozen Planet - s01e02 - Title - BluRay Rip.mkv

/Won't You Be My Neighbor (2018) (movie)

/Won't You Be My Beighbor (2018).mkv

/Blu-Ray Atmos

/DVD

Edited by bozrdnag

Happy2Play

OT: Libraries should never be pointed to item folder.

LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /mnt/Videos/Documentaries/4K UHD Blu-Ray Atmos/National Parks Adventure (2016)

bozrdnag

can you show a screenshot of what you see in the web app?

Sorry for the late reply.  It turns that putting the episodes in a folder titled season 1 kind of worked.  It does get all the metadata then but when I first enter the Documentaries library the cover for Frozen Planet has a folder icon in the top right rather than the unwatched episode count.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjVnhushK5VlgaNcVKkprIhhJubGxQ

Then when I click on it I am taken to another screen with the cover of the series again (like it's nested within itself) except it now has the unwatched count in the upper right,

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjVnhushK5VlgaNdKbnBReQnB_h7Bg

The finally when I click on that I am taken to the seasons.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjVnhushK5VlgaNewszsg156ad2v5g

Edited by bozrdnag

bozrdnag

OT: Libraries should never be pointed to item folder.

LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /mnt/Videos/Documentaries/4K UHD Blu-Ray Atmos/National Parks Adventure (2016)

I didn't mean to do that.  Thanks for catching it!

Happy2Play

Sorry for the late reply.  It turns that putting the episodes in a folder titled season 1 kind of worked.  It does get all the metadata then but when I first enter the Documentaries library the cover for Frozen Planet has a folder icon in the top right rather than the unwatched episode count.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjVnhushK5VlgaNcVKkprIhhJubGxQ

Then when I click on it I am taken to another screen with the cover of the series again (like it's nested within itself) except it now has the unwatched count in the upper right,

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjVnhushK5VlgaNdKbnBReQnB_h7Bg

The finally when I click on that I am taken to the seasons.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjVnhushK5VlgaNewszsg156ad2v5g

Can you show the exact folder structure for this example and the set library path. As my guess would be a nested folder structure.

Happy2Play

5c05e38c96721_Untitled.jpg

5c05e3a73c248_Untitled2.jpg

​Best guess would the Series metadata in the season folder (tvshow.nfo).  I assume you moved everything into the Season 1 folder from parent folder.

bozrdnag

In fact I just deleted all but thevideo files and then ran a scan media library task andit put it all back in theseason 1 folder.

In fact, why do I even need that folder? None of my TV series have season folders and Emby handles them just fine.

• Solution
Happy2Play

In fact I just deleted all but thevideo files and then ran a scan media library task andit put it all back in theseason 1 folder.

In fact, why do I even need that folder? None of my TV series have season folders and Emby handles them just fine.

Are your TV Series in Content type TV Shows?  In Mixed Content the Season x folder guarantees the folder is recognized as a Series not a Movie.

I replicated folder structure with season folder and series was imported and displayed properly in 3.5.3.0.

• Like 1

bozrdnag

Try removing any tvshow.nfo files from season folders, and then running a library scan.

I just did that (it's only a single season series so there's only a season 1 folder) and Emby just created another tvshow.nfo file in the season 1 folder.  The show sill displays in the library the same as I posted above.

bozrdnag

Are your TV Series in Content type TV Shows?  In Mixed Content the Season x folder guarantees the folder is recognized as a Series not a Movie.

I replicated folder structure with season folder and series was imported and displayed properly in 3.5.3.0.

That explains that.  Thanks.

Edited by bozrdnag

Happy2Play

Is there any metadata in parent folders?

I had no issue recreating a Mixed content library from post 11.

5c08656c39f6e_folder.jpg

5c0865892348e_library.jpg

5c0865a3ca983_librarymc.jpg

• Like 1