3.6.0.72 beta on LibreELEC

awiouy

Hello,

I am the maintainer of Emby for LibreELEC addon.

I have tried out Emby 3.6.0.72 beta (netcore) and here are my findings:

1. Emby does not pick up ffmpeg/ffprobe from PATH

Emby tries to use non-existant ffmpeg/ffprobe in the directory in which EmbyServer.dll resides, and thereby ignores ffmpeg/ffprobe in PATH.

Copying ffmpeg/ffprobe from PATH into the directory in which EmbyServer.dll resides fixes the issue.

Emby should use ffmpeg/ffprobe from PATH

2. ffmpeg process keeps running after playback in browser is stopped

When I start a playback in a browser, Emby starts an ffmeg process.

When I stop the playback in the browser, the ffmpeg process remains, using as much CPU as during playback.

Emby should stop the ffmpeg process when a playback stops.

3. Live TV requires Emby Premiere

This disapoints me.

Otherwise, Emby 3.6.0 appears very promising.

Thank you for your attention

awiouy

Hi, we have a customized ffmpeg build. Can we work with you to get this incorporated?

For #3 - I apologize, but we have a really good reason for it that we'll be announcing very soon.

Thanks !

Hi, we have a customized ffmpeg build. Can we work with you to get this incorporated?

This could be an option.

However, LibreELEC already ships rather complete ffmpeg/ffprobe, optimized for each platform on which they run, see here to see how they are built.

We could therefore also incorporate these into Emby, e.g., with -ffmpeg/-ffprobe runtime options.

These runtime options used to exist, but I am not sure if they still do.

What do you think?

Ok well to answer your initial question, we don't support ffmpeg from PATH. You need to explicitly add these command line options that point to the path: -ffmpeg "..." -ffprobe "..."

I will also need to add a param you can use to tell us it does not have any of our customizations, so that we don't try to use them.

I will also need to add a param you can use to tell us it does not have any of our customizations, so that we don't try to use them.

What are these customizations?

Can indicate me code/commits/patches?

I could try to add what is missing from LibreELEC, provided it does not break ffmpeg/ffprobe for other uses.