Search Function

aquatarkus

aquatarkus

Hi there.

Small issue, i have 2 x pc's and one HTPC all running MBT, MB Server is running on my WHS 2011 server. 

On all three MBT clients the search function doesn't seem to work.

If i click the search icon (top right) i get the alphabet along the top and then bellow it says Search for movies, TV shows and people.

On all 3 MBT clients if I look for say a movie beginning with A, for example After Earth, it will find that but also loads of my music either albums, artists or individual tracks and i then have to sort through those to find what i was looking for. Is there a way to only search for movies, also if i click the word "back" at the end of the alphabet line i get an unhandled exception and MBT crashes, this again happens on all 3 clients.

Is this correct and if so is the search function going to be improved.

any update on music playback options within MBT?

Regards

Aquatarkus

cheshire

Hi Aquatarkus,

we don't currently have search filtering for media types but its a good idea and i will put it as a feature request. We are working hard on the music functionality is currently in development so you should see the features start to trickle in over the next few months. It is a priority though :) 

With regards to the crash, can you turn debug logging on in the system settings, reproduce the crash and then send me your logs for MBT? This would give us more information to go on.

My best,

Chris