help with clean uninstall -reinstall in WHS 2011

bs01890

Newbie here. I decided to try emby on my WHS 2011 server as a possible replacement for Windows Media Center. I installed  EmbyServer and then used nssm to run as a service according to the Wiki. Works with the web client on my LAN. Without thinking I installed it from a folder on the WHS 2011 desktop. Would like to uninstall-reinstall in a better location, because the C: partition is now almost full (WHS 2011 recommends a 60 GB partition and with the Emby program data folder I'm now at 57). To uninstall, I looked in Control Panel: Programs and Features but no listing for Emby or nssm. Looked in the Emby directory for an uninstaller , found Media Browser Uninstaller, but running it generates a message " Use Add/Remove programs to uninstall- " but Emby is not listed there. Emby Server is listed only in the "Startup folder" 

I  could use nssm to stop the Emby service and then delete the files from the desktop, but would rather do a formal uninstall if possible. Why isn't Emby listed in "Programs and "Features?" Is there a safe way to uninstall?

Thanks

Brooke

Happy2Play

Since you did a portable install just delete the folder.  But since it is new portable you should be able to relocate it to where ever you like.  

Note this will break the shortcut in Startup folder.  And you will need to delete and recreate NSSM service or update the paths.

Edited by Happy2Play