Auto Organize deletes movie

Yann
Go to solution Solved by daedalus,

Hello,

I'm setting up a new Emby server on my Synology. I'm trying to configure the Auto Organize plugin, so that it automatically organizes both my movies and TV shows.

The problem is that the files (including the movie) are deleted before the movie/episode can be identified and transferred.

Below is my current configuration for movies. I have a very similar configuration for TV.

5bfc578f3cf19_emby.png

My sample movie folder has the following structure:

folder

|_file.txt

|_file2.txt

|_file3.txt

|_movie.mkv

|_sample.mkv

When Emby Server organizes the files, it doesn't automatically identify my movies. Therefore the movie will be displayed in red in the auto organize activity log. At this point, I expect to be able to perform the identification manually so that the task can complete.

But if I look in my watch folder (/volume1/emby/dropbox/movies), the entire movie folder has been deleted.

If I disable the option Extended Clean, i can successfully identify my movie. The MKV is then moved to my library, but the other files (*.txt and sample.mkv) are not deleted.

I am not sure what Extended Clean means (I don't find the description very self explanatory), but I believe that the left over files will only be deleted with this option enabled.

However, I can't understand why Extended Clean also deletes my movie when the identification is unsuccessful.

How should I configure the plugin so that it cleans the left over files without automatically deleting my movies?

Thanks a lot!

EDIT:

I'm running Emby Version 3.5.3.0

and Auto Organize 1.2.8.0

Edited by Yann

• Solution
daedalus

in fact the plugin is doing what it's told to do

you said to delete all *.mkv files

atm this field does only accept file extensions, if you would allow wild cards, eg *sample*.mkv, how should you deal eg with this (fictive) movie It's.a.Sample.(2018).mkv ?

you see this is not a simple task, and considering the problems a change would bring, i think this should stay as it is and unfortunately you have to clean up you folders by hand from time to time

@@Luke maybe the description of the 'delete left over files' field should additionally contain that it only accepts file extensions in the format '.ext'

Edited by daedalus
  • Like 1

daedalus
I am not sure what Extended Clean means (I don't find the description very self explanatory), but I believe that the left over files will only be deleted with this option enabled.

However, I can't understand why Extended Clean also deletes my movie when the identification is unsuccessful.

this all is less smart as it sounds

if Extended Clean is ticked, it simply deletes all the files listed in the leftover field while the organizing task

Many thanks for the explanation Daedalus. I'm perfectly fine with cleaning up my watch folder occasionally, especially now that I know that it's normal behavior :)

However, I am now unable to understand the Min File Size option. I thought that by setting it to 250 megabyte, I was telling the plugin something along the lines "Discard every file smaller than 250 megabyte".

Therefore, with the .mkv extension in my left over files option I should be able to set a threshold so that my movie which is > 1GB is kept, but my sample which is 70 MB is discarded. I could then find myself with an empty folder which could be automatically deleted by the server. For which other use does the Min File Size option exist?

daedalus

as said this is not very smart

your described behavior would be an enhancement -> combine it with the left over extensions to 'if below File Size and has extension' -> clean up

atm the plugin only ignores files below Min File Size for identification

tbh i don't know whats the real purpose of this

the bad thing is that this plugin has no active development and got silently abandoned twice so far :(

i have very little hope that anything will change :unsure: