Anime plugin and genres

akoenig

Hello,

I have installed the anime plugin and I understand it's being worked on. It seems to identify and load almost all metadata properly. One thing I'm really hoping to get work is the genre tags. MAL as the top metadata download source changes genres to just "anime" instead of all the different genres. I set the anime plugin settings to 0 to allow unlimited genres.

Main reason I'm hoping to see this work is so emby can categorize based on genres but most importantly I want to set parental restrictions on some of the more adult genre tags like ecchi or psychological for example.

Any thoughts or ideas on how to populate this info or if I'll just have to manually edit the tag?

Sorry got my terms mixed up a bit. It pulls some of the genres properly but not all of them. If it could pull the extra genre metadata it would be easy to view all my shows by that genre and manually edit the tag so I can make use of the parental control to not allow those specific tags. Ultimately just hoping it could pull the extra genre types

This one for example, https://myanimelist.net/anime/30296 it identifies but the only genre it populates is one called "anime" rather than the 4 or 5 listed on MAL. Was trying to troubleshoot it and try a different source like http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=11126 so I removed the external IDs except for one and refreshed metadata but it populates all the external IDs again. Most of the other sources like tvdb don't use the same extra types of genres to identify genres more on the adult side, like "ecchi" or "psychological." 

Edited by akoenig

How unfortunate, using only AniSearch for series metadata would have been perfect as it generates the genres n such properly but for some reason the links lead to the dutch anisearch.de site instead of anisearch.com so the overview info doesnt pull in english.

Probably going to just have to suck it up and stick to tvdb for all the metadata and add in unique tags when I want to

Edited by akoenig