Live TV in Australia 2018 Reccomended Hardware

IT-Delirium

IT-Delirium

Hi All,

I am researching for one of our departments for Live TV recording. I came across Emby in my research and we are progressing in our investigation. I tried to use an older HD Homerun with the latest Emby Free Server. After some looking into found it was too old with no DLNA support.

If all goes well with our research and Emby tunes in well to some new hardware. We will purchase the premium version so we can record TV.

Can anyone give me a 2018 version of HD Homerun model that works well with Emby?

I came across this one from Scorptec: SiliconDust HDHR5-2DT(AU) HDHomeRun CONNECT DUO Gen5 TV Tuner.

I want to make sure I give a good recommendation before purchasing a product.

The Department is using an Old HD Homerun with Windows Media Centre on Win 7.

Since Emby installs and works well on Win 10 it is an ideal replacement. I just have to tune it in with some good hardware.

Does Anyone have any good suggestions for me?

• Like 1

I have 2 of the older models of HD Homerun connect so can't comment on the 2018 versions but from past purchases the never version were always an improvement.

If I was purchasing now I would definitely go with the quarto rather than duo that is why I have 2 of Gen 4 modles as previously there wasn't a quarto model.