Guide not populating on its own lately, was not issue before

manolodf

manolodf

Lately I have been running into this issue for a couple of months where the Guide does not populate on its own, it has no program information on a good amount of channels, which I thought was strange. Before the guide refreshed every 24hrs and it worked very well, guide was up to date, the on now and shows properly tagged and so on.

When I started noticing that,  I went to the trouble of even doing a scheduled task to run guide refresh every 12hrs, then 8, 6, and even 4hrs which helped a bit.  The ironic thing is if I manually do a guide refresh now, it will make the channels populate immediately

Screenshot%202018-11-25%2020.23.57.png?r

Here you can see guide when i first login, which can be reflected on apps

Screenshot%202018-11-25%2020.22.10.png?r

After I do a manual guide refresh it works though, I just started one now, it takes a little while but then the guide is there.  I scronn through the guide and i get far more than the 4,6,8hrs that I set the refresh for, so I am not sure what is going on, or if something is up with the xml url (has username and password) 

Few minutes later you can see it totally populated:

Screenshot%202018-11-25%2020.27.30.png?r

manolodf

From IPTV Provider, which it has since I first setup Live TV when I did not have to run guide refresh more than once every 24 hours, and even then it seems to be hit or miss. 

Have you checked the guide data from your provider? Maybe they only provide a certain number of hours of data and that means you will have to refresh the guide more often than the default 24 hours.

• Like 1

manolodf

Well, that was my initial thinking as well, though previously I had never had an issue with guide data, it happened at some point a few months back, not sure if there was a update.  But what I was trying to explain that if I refresh guide data now, I can scroll forward and see tomorrows guide for example, for example, after I manually refreshed earlier, I am scrolling now and see a solid 18hrs from now of Guide Data, going into 6pm cst tomorrow for all channels, some a bit longer, so it does not make sense why I would have blank guides when I have guide refreshes scheduled at 12hrs, or 8hrs or 6hrs, and I do hear the refreshes run. 

Not to mention those guide refreshes make the i7 CPU spin up very loudly, i didnt know if they could be de-prioritized to not be as intensive. 

Ok if you can attach the emby server log the next time this happens, then we can try to chase it down. thanks.

manolodf

Do you want me to set the guide refresh to a specific interval?  I know if I set it to 8, or 12hrs it should happen again tomorrow for the logs. 

Can I send logs privately?  they include some sensitive info like user/pass

Yes, just send a PM to Luke (hover over his name above and select "send message").

did you check to make sure your xmltv has data for your channels? there's no errors here, so it looks to me like either the channels are just not mapped from the tuner to the guide data, or the guide data just doesn't have programs for those channels.