Companion Screen For Secondary Screen

atomicmoon

atomicmoon

Multiple screens in homes are becoming more of the norm these days, and I would like to have an updating "now playing" screen that could accompany the main screen.
I achieve this now by remotely connecting to the main screen and pulling up the info of what I'm currently watching, but it doesn't update when the content changes to the next item.
In our house movies are picked apart and it's constant, "Wasn't he in...... Isn't she in......" and so on.
This is by far a first-world request, but something that could be fun even displayed on a tablet, Google/Amazon display, etc.

Edited by atomicmoon

WilhelmStroker

I use trakt and the android app Cathode for that. Emby trakt plugin tells trakt what I'm watching, and Cathode then allows me to find actors etc.

atomicmoon

I just checked out cathode and it looks nice, but doesn't seem to offer anything emby didn't already offer.

And trakt's now playing display is attractive, but unless you know of a dedicated now playing trakt page. It's a cool idea, but I think it's the same thing I'm doing just a different set of tools.