Questions about Conversions, Sync Jobs & Media Formats

erikblues

erikblues

Hello,

I have been converting a season on my emby server.

After about 12 hours of working, the task is no longer showing up in the task manager, as if it was completed.

When I go into "Download & Sync" the task is still shown in the "Sync Jobs List":

5bf94ee2d9131_ScreenShot20181124at141457

This got me a bit confused, since this looks like the conversion has not been completed. Also, the dashboard showed the activity at 30% last time I checked. Here, it is shown as 7.5% of 18 items, and a few minutes later I checked again and it changed to "2%. of 17 items".

So I opened the conversion activity, and this is what I see:

5bf94f41b7814_ScreenShot20181124at141619

5bf94f577aeff_ScreenShot20181124at141627

But when I go to my dashboard, the task is no longer there. Also, CPU usage is under 5%, so the task is no longer "working".

So here come my questions about this:

1. What does the "convert media" button do? Does it convert "all" media on the server or only the ones in this list?

3. If I exclude this failed conversion from this list and restart it, will it skip items which have already been converted? How can I restart this task so it continues where it left of?

4. Is there any loss of quality during conversion if I choose "original quality"? Can I convert all my home videos and delete the original ones safely without having to worry about loosing quality?

5. Is there a way to exclude these folders from the "global" conversion scheduler activity and/or this "convert media" button"?

EDIT: added server log

Thanks

- Erik

embyserver.txt

Edited by erikblues

The button just executes the convert media scheduled task which starts any needed conversions for the jobs. There is no quality loss with original quality.

To exclude just don't convert them in the first place. You must have created a conversion job from a parent folder and that's why it is creating a lot of activity.

• Like 1