Trouble loading M3U channels and refreshing guide

crawfordmd
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

crawfordmd

Hello,

New Emby user here and I am having a heck of a time trying to get my M3U channel list loaded/updated in Live TV. Every time I paste the url in the field, press save, and refresh guide, the status on the dashboard is stuck at 0.0% and does not go beyond that. 

I thought it may have been an issue with the link my IPTV provider gave me so I utilized iptv-esg.com to use one of their links. Unfortunately that didn't work either. I know the M3U link works because I am able to stream the channels to my Nvidia Shield through the IPTV Smarters app without any problems. 

I expect that I may have setup the server improperly, but I haven't been able to find any settings that seem to be improperly set. I appreciate any assistance the community can provide. Attached are my server logs from today.

Thank you in advance!

embyserver.txt

embyserver-63678591031.txt

embyserver-63678593108.txt

embyserver-63678593969.txt

crawfordmd

Luke, I have given it at least 10 minutes of being stuck on 0.0% before I do something or make a change to a setting. Is 10 minutes sufficient?

Yes it looks to me like it is running, and i see requests to next pvr taking a long time.

Why are you using next pvr?

crawfordmd

I was trying to get a dvr/pvr capability going since I wasn't having luck getting the channel guide to load in Emby. Should I turn off the NextPVR server? Maybe conflicting with Emby?

Emby supports M3u directly without having to use next pvr. Why not just use that? You can remove the next pvr plugin, restart the server, and then add an m3u tuner into Emby.

• Like 1

crawfordmd

Shutting down the NPVR service, uninstalling the NPVR plugin, and restarting the server appear to have worked. The status bar on the refresh guide is updating.

Now, if I can just figure out how to make the guide and channels work!

crawfordmd

No not yet. The Guide is still refreshing! 

When I tried to set it up last weekend, I was not able to get any of the channels to load in the web app or the Emby app for the Nvidia Shield. 

I will let you know if I am able to successfully complete the guide refresh and if the channels load into the Emby channel guide.

Thank you for your assistance!

crawfordmd

So I was able to successfully complete the "refresh guide" task and when I click on Live TV, the "Programs" sections loads. However, none of the other sections populate. I have tried this in the Web app and Emby Theater and neither populate.Additionally, I tried it on the Emby for Nvidia Shield app and it loaded the "on Now" section; however there was an "Error loading Guide" prompt when I selected  the "guide" section and no channels loaded in the "Channels" section.

Is there a setting I am missing? 

Edited by crawfordmd

crawfordmd

On Emby Premier and Emby Web App:

- "Programs" section loads

- Guide, Channels, Schedule, and Series do not load

On Emby app for Nvidia Shield:

- "On Now" and "Upcoming" sections load

- Guide and Channels do not load

Would you like me to upload screen shots?

crawfordmd

Here are captures from Emby web app and Emby Theater.

Are there any other screen captures or logs that you would like me to grab?

post-141350-0-25438200-1543090709_thumb.png

post-141350-0-78606000-1543090743_thumb.png

post-141350-0-39040100-1543090756_thumb.png

post-141350-0-97503500-1543090771_thumb.png

post-141350-0-25925200-1543090779_thumb.png

post-141350-0-07263700-1543090788_thumb.png

post-141350-0-35718600-1543090844_thumb.png

post-141350-0-20518900-1543090874_thumb.png

post-141350-0-33923400-1543090905_thumb.png

post-141350-0-77519300-1543090945_thumb.png

post-141350-0-35490400-1543090984_thumb.png

well do you even have any recordings, schedules or series? so those should be empty, right? its' just channels and the guide that are missing.

crawfordmd

Correct...still in the setup phase of things here. I did not expect anything to be in the recordings, schedules or series sections and just wanted to make sure I showed you what I am seeing here.

Edited by crawfordmd

crawfordmd

That was it! In my desire to set parental controls so my children wouldn't stumble upon content they shouldn't be seeing, it appears that it filters out all the IPTV channels. The channels and guide sections loaded properly. 

Is there a good guide for grouping channels from IPTV services?

Thank you again for your assistance! Your support is what continues to give Emby a good reputation!

Thanks for the feedback. We don't support channel groups at this time but it is planned for the future. Thanks.