Cannot get video to play

AmericanMike

AmericanMike

First for those friends in the US, Happy Thanksgiving.

With the downtime I was trying to tweak some things on my Emby Server and now I have screwed up something.  I cannot get video to play either on live TV, previously recorded TV shows or downloaded movies.  Logs attached.

Symptoms started a few weeks ago when I converted from NextPVR to native streaming from my Hauppauge device.  Using Roku Thumbnails plugin the file would be out of syn with the plugin.  I removed the plugin.  Today I tried to reinstall the plugin and things they started not working.  

Currently if I choose a show or movie the screen on my PC comes up as if it is going to play then a spinning circle appears and just sits there.  When I try on my Roku I just see the Retrieving screen.and the Server dashboard shows it is direct streaming but nothing.  Logs are attached.

**EDIT**  Submitted log from Roku App as well.

As always, thanks for your help.

Mike

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-38ac4317-e276-46ca-8fdc-503add347cca.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-db4cda38-0453-487e-a940-3c077dd73352.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-2925f2f2-42b5-43c4-8348-4bc7efebfd11.txt

embyserver-63678584271.txt

Edited by AmericanMike

Also I notice you're running as a windows service. Can you try not doing that and just running the Emby Server application directly? Thanks.

AmericanMike

Luke,  thanks for the quick reply.  I used NSSM to delete the service and configured Emby to start on server startup.  Is odd you  are seeing the F: drive offline.  That is my drive storing all my movies and recorded TV.  I can see the drive and access the files with VLC media player with no issue.  I ran some diags on the drive with no issues.

I rebooted the server and tested again with the same results.  Can upload new logs if needed.

Mike

AmericanMike

saw a couple errors in the latest ffmpeg log

[mpeg2video @ 00000220180243c0] Invalid frame dimensions 0x0.
    Last message repeated 61 times

x264 [error]: high profile doesn't support lossless

AmericanMike

I did.  No difference.  I did test the Emby app on IOS and it does work.  not sure if i was affected before.  One thing to note, I am using the plug in to back up my configs so am open to deleting all and reinstalling.  Just don't want to lose my data.

Yea probably because they don't need transcoding, so ffmpeg is not involved.

In my opinion, ffmpeg is being blocked. If you reinstall, it will reinstall to a different location, now "emby-server" instead of "mediabrowser-server". This may have the result of resolving it just because it will be in a new location.

If you want to test this theory, you can try shutting down your server, then download the portable install from our website:
https://emby.media/windows-server.html

Then what you can do is run the portable version and do a quick test setting up a (very) small library. If this works out, then that essentially proves my theory. At that point you could delete the portable install, uninstall your current version, and then reinstall.

AmericanMike

thanks.  I will tackle that tomorrow.  Is there a link on restoring my config from the backup and restore plugin?  Or do I just install everything including this plugin then restore using the plugins restore function?

AmericanMike

we can mark this as resolved but with no root cause.  Before I went radical and uninstalled Emby I used the backup plugin to restore my configuration from a week ago, restarted Emby and things are working.  I agree something was blocking ffmpeg but unless the restore changes some OS items it must have been something I flipped within the Emby Server.

Thanks for your help yesterday and all you do.

Mike