Original movie title below the localized movie title

blickfeld

blickfeld

Hi, I was thinking that it would be great if the original movie title would be shown on the main movie page. below the localized one.

• Like 13
  • Agree 1

Hi, I was thinking that it would be great if the original movie title would be shown on the main movie page. below the localized one.

Having over 6000 movies and some of them not being from English-speaking countries, I cannot believe how I didn't remember asking this before.

I think it's in the API of OMDB if I'm not mistaken. Or could be dealt at scrapping time using tmdb.

+1 for this

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
K1ng_Lear

push up... a five year old request, which really didn't take a lot of efforts to implement it.

In my opinion the original title can be showed down, next to all the other media informations.

Edited by K1ng_Lear
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest topbanana

This please!

As the IMDB does, show the local title with the original title below it.
There's a good reason they did this.  It's bloody useful!

Many users just don't entertain foreign movies much... But others do... Especially if you're not in a English speaking country!  So the name you might know a movie by might not be the same as what the name most of the rest of the world know it as!

And as with everything, make it an option, even defaulted to off, to keep everyone happy 🫣!

Oh, and for completeness...  As you did with adding "File Name" to the "Show Fields" display options (Thanks!!!), you could add "Original Name" here as well.  Then browsers can see both the local and original name.

And it does look like it should be easy, as the metadata is already retrieved/stored by emby.  So it just needs to be displayed.

suiziide22

Yes! I really wish Emby had this feature. It's really the only thing I miss from Plex.

I have movies in my local language that my family can't find because of the english titles, but if I set my library to danish, a lot of the english movies get weird translated titles as well. If there was a possibility to keep original titles as well, it would be great!

Edited by suiziide22
  • Agree 1