DS418Play

JotNarayan

JotNarayan
As I mentioned in a previous message, I have Emby installed in the new DS418Play. After working with him for 3 weeks, I can say that Emby works very well. I have version 3.5.3.0-16 installed. This version is very stable on my DS418Play.

(As I said a long time ago, the LG TV Emby App is still failing, but that is already a problem for LG and the little ram that I imagine it will have, I hope that for future versions the scrolling on the screen if you do it virtual, improve drastically ).

Returning to the Ds418Play, it works well from Win10 and from Android, Mobile and Tablet.

At the moment I have not installed the new version 3.5.3.0.18, because the comments I'm seeing in the forum, again give problems. I will wait for it to be more stable, since now I am happy with its operation.

I wanted to report that Emby performs wonderfully in the Ds418Play.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Works great on my DS418play also running 3.6.0.61 beta.  Some growing pains with the new beta, but very happy with Emby on my NAS right now

JotNarayan

Works great on my DS418play also running 3.6.0.61 beta.  Some growing pains with the new beta, but very happy with Emby on my NAS right now

What problems is this version giving you with the DS418Play?

solabc16

Hello @@JotNarayan

Thanks for the feedback, appreciated.

I believe the issues with the latest 3.5.3 releases have now all been resolved, but understand you taking your time.

Best

- James

FrostByte

What problems is this version giving you with the DS418Play?

I wasn't really having any problems before the beta and no problems right now with the beta which I would say are related to the DS418play itself.  During the upgrade process my manually created collections and my playlists were wiped.  There was nothing in the xml files at all.  Not sure why, so would recommend backing those up before if you aren't already.  

Also, the new version changes a lot with the database and takes forever to run its initial scan if you have larger libraries.  If I were to do it again I would remove all but one library before updating and then add the other libraries back in one at a time after the update.  Other people I've talked to say it goes a lot better and faster that way when there's a db change like this.

It may all be in my head, but I think certain things are actually running better/faster with the beta 

solabc16

Hello @@FrostByte, All

Thanks for the feedback, I'd expect (or certainly hope) the performance to be better as there are improvements to both Emby Server and the platform support in the upcoming release.

Best

- James

• Like 1

JotNarayan
For your comments, I understand that the database has changed ?, and we must rebuild it in its entirety ?.

The problem is that I have several movies and series that I had to force their metadata search manually, since I had automatically loaded them erroneously.

I assume, that after this restructuring, I will have to revise all the files whose metadata were modified manually ?, or is the system itself able to keep the data already recorded in the old database?

I do not finish this point. Thank you all!.

FrostByte

Things will change once the beta goes to stable, but I had to redo some things in my metadata also that I added manually.  For instance I was adding "(Extended Cut)" to the title of some movies and locking them and it still got wiped out in the update.  My added genres stayed though. 

solabc16

Thank you all for your comments. I'm evaluating if I go from .16 to .20 ?, that's the last ?. I do not know what to do.

Hello @@JotNarayan

The latest update for the 'apollolake' based systems is 3.5.3.0-18, and is what you should be seeing in Package Center.

This update was released on November 4th and has been widely installed now, so we can be reasonably confident.

Of course, if you have any issues.... just let us know and we'll help get them resolved.

Best

- James

JotNarayan

Hello @@JotNarayan

The latest update for the 'apollolake' based systems is 3.5.3.0-18, and is what you should be seeing in Package Center.

This update was released on November 4th and has been widely installed now, so we can be reasonably confident.

Of course, if you have any issues.... just let us know and we'll help get them resolved.

Best

- James

Yes, this is the version I see in my center of packages pending installation, the "18". Thank you!