Avoid complete library scan when adding a new library

busch

Hello everyone :)

being completely new to Emby everything is still as awesome as it's confusing. So I'm still learning, but there's one thing I couldn't get a solution for.

As the title already says: when adding a new library to Emby (version 3.5.3.0 on Debian) it starts scanning all the already existing libraries. I would prefer if it only scans the new library and leave the others alone.

The reasons is, I have a rather special setup. I have a bunch of old disk with movies on them, that are completely independent (no raid), that are sleeping all the time. I started cleaning up the mess and preparing it for adding to Emby. This is done disk by disk (each will have its own library) and takes quite a while :o . But whenever I'm ready to add a new disk as a new library to Emby, all the existing libraries get scanned thus waking up the underlying disks. As their content doesn't change, this is not necessary. Fortunately refreshing a single library leaves the others alone.

Is it possible to limit the scanning of libraries to the newly added library?

Kind regards,

busch

• Like 1

Great, looking forward to this. :)

Until then I came up with this workaround: I'll create empty librarys for each disk that will be populated with movies as soon as they ready. Then only a library refresh is needed. Will try this at the weekend :D