Issue with audio track choice.

3djc

I have a video with 3 audio tracks (TrueHD end, DD5.1 eng, DD5.1 french).

When played on iPad, Windows Emby Theater or nVidia shield, track choice works perfectly (you select track3 and you get track3  sound). 

When running from LG app, the 3 tracks are visible and can be chosen, yet selecting track 3 gets you track 2 sound (and selecting track 2 gets you track 2 as well)

When using the iPad as a 'remote' for the LG app, same problem exist

During playback, the LG apps indicates it is playing the third choice, despite the second one been heard

No transcode is happening in any of those scenario.

post-379315-0-01687300-1542528627_thumb.png

Edited by 3djc

• 4 weeks later...
Paul77nz

@@SamES Is there somewhere I can track the progress of this?

I am experiencing a similar issue, but with mine I have 3 tracks (TrueHD, DD5.1, DD2.0). In my case selecting track 2 gives me track 3, and selected track 3 gives me track 2.

Note, if I remux the file and re-arrange the audio (DD5.1, DD2.0, TrueHD) the track selection works fine. But this is not an ideal solution.

Thanks

@@SamES Is there somewhere I can track the progress of this?

I am experiencing a similar issue, but with mine I have 3 tracks (TrueHD, DD5.1, DD2.0). In my case selecting track 2 gives me track 3, and selected track 3 gives me track 2.

Note, if I remux the file and re-arrange the audio (DD5.1, DD2.0, TrueHD) the track selection works fine. But this is not an ideal solution.

Thanks

Not really, but please try the next LG release.

If you select the audio track from the details screen instead of during playback the correct track selection will play.  

Paul77nz

Not really, but please try the next LG release.

If you select the audio track from the details screen instead of during playback the correct track selection will play.  

@@SamES actually no, it plays the incorrect track if I select it from the details screen as well.

• 2 weeks later...

We've completed the work on this. It will be included in our next LG app submission. Thanks.

• 8 months later...
matteo.maff

Is there any update on this? I can select the different audio tracks, but the audio that plays is always from the first track, even with the latest version of the LG app.

Is there any update on this? I can select the different audio tracks, but the audio that plays is always from the first track, even with the latest version of the LG app.

@@matteo.maff yes we already did some work on this. Can you please go over an example? Thanks.

HI, Can you please confirm you TV model?  Thanks

This model is webos 2.0 based and audio track switching needs a different approach.  I'll be looking at resolving this soon.  Thanks