Media Only Shows in Folder View

khat17
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Hi everyone. Having an issue that I thought deleting the library.db may have fixed - it didn't. I also tried removing the libraries and adding them back. There's one specific video folder that the media does not show up at all unless I use the folder views. Prior to doing this as well some other media that got categorized into seasons would not show up. After removing the library.db and changing the directory all the files were in this was resolved - but the same issue remains with this one folder. Let me know if you need any logs or anything. Willing to even do a reinstall - only thing I'd want is to keep the user database. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Hi there Luke. I found a workaround. When I log on and see the categories, I had that folder assigned a category of its own. If I change the view at the top from SHOWS to either EPISODES or FOLDERS it works. This is probably because of me not understanding the way the app works. It probably needs to have additional folders here within the category.

As for the other issue that was resolved after deleting the library.db - I'd go into TV SHOWS for example, then go to a show and it would only display S1:E1 with no SEASONS displayed. I even got an error basically saying the file didn't exist - something like no streams to transcode. But since moving the files/folders and deleting the DB it is working now. Why this was the case, I don't know.

Thanks for your time though. No other issues like this so far. Sorry for the very noobish questions - it really just took a little tinkering to figure out. Keep up the good work!

Hi there - yes I did give it "TV Shows" and no - didn't follow naming guidelines. Just copied the files to the folder. Let me check on this - one minute please.

*EDIT*

Thanks for that. Changed content type to "Movies" and it shows up fine. Second issue I can't figure why it happened - but since rebuild it's all good now. Thanks for all your help!

Edited by khat17