3DMVC-Player - Zidoo X9S?

Tegenarian

Tegenarian

Hello, 

how I already wrote on another Thread (How to), I want a possibility to store and stream 3dMVC. Shield (was my first choice) can't do that. Looking on different Forums, I found the kodi-Forum and just two Android TV mentioned. One was the Zidoo X9S. 

My questions are: 

- Is it possible to use emby on that Player besides Zidoo's own Poster-Wall? 

- When I buy emby premium, can I play direct 3DMVCs out of the box? 

Thank you for your help. 

- When I buy emby premium, can I play direct 3DMVCs out of the box? 

Hi.  Emby Premiere will not affect this but I do not believe either the player or the Android TV platform itself currently supports MVC.  These devices are designed for streaming content and that will never exist in streamed media.

I do believe that other 3D formats such as SbS should work now.

Tegenarian

Hi and thank you for your reply. 

Maybe I understand something completely wrong (it's all new for me and I am a lot confused, even if I read a lot lately). 

Im Kodi-Forum, they wrote

#1  (tie) / Zidoo X9S, X8 or X10 / A
============================
3D ISO's + 3D MVC MKV's + full HD audio bitstreaming + full 4K!
4K support includes 60fps, 10-bit, and HDR
+ All 4K, whether H.264 or HEVC, playback very smooth (w/only VP9 isn't perfectly smooth)
+ Excellent PQ with native player
Full HD audio bitstreaming (inclusive of DD+/HRA and ATMOS/X) (with both native player and ZDMC)
+ Plug-and-play (just make correct settings as detailed in review link above)
23.976 and 29.970 supported well (FPS in/out) for all 2D (720p/1080p/4K) and 3D (1080p)
+ Blu-ray menu support, including for UHD discs, added

Minor annoyance is that HDMI mode must be set to 3840x2160 so picture doesn't render at 1080p. However, with this, all content gets upscaled to 4K

So I thought, a least playing from my NAS- or PC-Server would be no problem. Emby Premiere can't play MVC or ISOs? 

You may be able to get it to work with Kodi because that is not relying on the underlying platform (Android).

• Like 1

TonioRoffo

Zidoo X9 definitely plays back 3D MVC using the built-in player (confirmed here with Sony 3D TV and Sony Projector) - since Emby can call an external player, this should work.

• Like 1

Tegenarian

Hi TonioRoffo. This sounds perfect. Something, I don't understand in the table above: Minor annoyance is that HDMI mode must be set to 3840x2160 so picture doesn't render at 1080p. However, with this, all content gets upscaled to 4K

Currently I just want play 1080 p (with and without 3d). Must I upscale all or just, when I have a 4K Projektor? And thank you for your help. 

Edited by Tegenarian

Zidoo X9 definitely plays back 3D MVC using the built-in player (confirmed here with Sony 3D TV and Sony Projector) - since Emby can call an external player, this should work.

That will depend entirely on exactly how that player is exposed in the Android system.  It will be interesting to see.

This box is not a true "Android TV" box as it does not run the Leanback launcher.  It is a customized version of Android 6.0.  I'm not positive what the compatibility will be but please let us know your experience with it.

Thanks!

I do have this set-up. Using the external player, it is running pretty well with the best picture quality (from SD content up to 3D 1080p and 4k HDR) I have ever seen. 

I don't understand the remarkt that the HDMI mode has to be set to 4k - I am using 1080p / 50Hz (even when I am connected to a 4k screen) and everything is fine (on minor annoyance is that sometimes the X9S forget about the seetings and goes back to 60Hz refresh rate).

One major annoyance (at least for me) - LiveTV picture qualiyt is far below avarage - actually with the internal player (either Kodi or Emby) you can't watch TV without getting headache. Using the external player the picture quality is awesome again - but you are loosing all the TV functionality (i.e. EPG, changing channels etc.). Also not good...

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
G4n0nD0rf
On 11/19/2018 at 7:30 AM, laola said:

I do have this set-up. Using the external player, it is running pretty well with the best picture quality (from SD content up to 3D 1080p and 4k HDR) I have ever seen. 

I don't understand the remarkt that the HDMI mode has to be set to 4k - I am using 1080p / 50Hz (even when I am connected to a 4k screen) and everything is fine (on minor annoyance is that sometimes the X9S forget about the seetings and goes back to 60Hz refresh rate).

One major annoyance (at least for me) - LiveTV picture qualiyt is far below avarage - actually with the internal player (either Kodi or Emby) you can't watch TV without getting headache. Using the external player the picture quality is awesome again - but you are loosing all the TV functionality (i.e. EPG, changing channels etc.). Also not good...

How where you able to use the external player on the Zidoo? It keeps loading 'stream' forever on my device.